Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"real" VFR-AIP for Germany?

Author
dirk64
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yes, Gerhard you are right - I also own the printed version. And Renzo yes, we mean exactly the same thing.
On Wednesday I received the newest update of the printed version (every 28 days like in SD) - there are some updates of the AD section (which will I get also via SD - actualy not by now) and updates of the other sections.
I attached a link to a picture with info was updated in the 28 day update.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6w8LIcRjvRMQzNVdmFHbm02eFk

Best regards
Dirk

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
There is a difference between "Date published" and "date effective"!

Did you also compare the "date effective" between paper and SD?
I'm sure, they are identical.
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
After close inspection, it seems to me that the free German AIP ist IFR only and the purchased product called "DFS German VFR AIP" is still missing the GEN parts - beeing therefore not what the name implies.

Am I doing something wrong here?
I‌f not and there are actually some missing parts: any chance these will be available soon?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The product DFS makes available through companies like SkyDemon is the charts and aerodrome information only. I don't know why they don't include the GEN parts etc. This week is a great time for people to ask them that question, as they'll all be at Aero Friedrichshafen.
Hannes
Hannes
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2018 4:36:58 PM
The product DFS makes available through companies like SkyDemon is the charts and aerodrome information only. I don't know why they don't include the GEN parts etc. This week is a great time for people to ask them that question, as they'll all be at Aero Friedrichshafen.

Hi Tim,
‌AERO is an very good example that the GER AIP-VFR needs additional Data in SD. All the discussion before were about the ENR, GEN or validity dates but in your words ... it would be nice but is tha realy nessesary.
What we, as the "total regulated german nation" ;-) VFR pilots, realy need, are critical VFR relevant informations on special events like Aero , which is only rudimentary available in NOTAM and not at all in the AIP(IFR).

‌We need the VFR Circulars and VFR Supplements.

‌e.g. AREO, there is an IFR SUP 2018/08 (1page) which does only include that there may be havy VFR traffic.
‌Only the VFR SUP 2018/11 (7pages) includes all the nessesary VFR relevant regulations and Information.

here are 2 links to the IFR and VFR SUP‌‌s
https://aero-ppr.bodensee-airport.eu/documentation/SUP_VFR_2018_11.pdf
‌‌https://aero-ppr.bodensee-airport.eu/documentation/SUP_IFR_2018_08.pdf

Maybe we see us at AERO
‌kind regards
‌‌Hannes‌‌‌
‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
At Aero, DFS confirmed to me that they will begin sending us all SUP for distribution to our customers who have the VFR AIP.
Matthias14
M
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/20/2018 3:21:42 PM
At Aero, DFS confirmed to me that they will begin sending us all SUP for distribution to our customers who have the VFR AIP.

Hi all,
did it come true, is the SUP section of the German AIP VFR send on a regular basis to SD customers?
Where within SD would I find the SUP?

Regards
Matthias

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
They said they'd include them with the regular delivery of plate updates. To my knowledge, they haven't yet sent us any.
Matthias14
M
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/12/2018 12:21:43 PM
They said they'd include them with the regular delivery of plate updates. To my knowledge, they haven't yet sent us any.

This is disappointing. Will you take care and ask DFS again? 
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Are you saying there have been new SUPs for the VFR AIP? If so, could you send us one so that we can present it to DFS and ask them what's going on?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search