Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"real" VFR-AIP for Germany?

Author
M
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 11/13/2018 12:25:21 PM
Are you saying there have been new SUPs for the VFR AIP? If so, could you send us one so that we can present it to DFS and ask them what's going on?

Exactly, this is the point. Without SUP included in SD I am not able even to tell what I miss.

In the printed version of AIP VFR SUPs are distributed almost monthly. For example with "Ascents of Rockets", "Construction work at", "Temporary exemption", "Closure of the runway", "Full-depth reconstruction of", "Aero in Friedrichshafen", "ILA in Berlin/Schönefeld", "Restricted area Hannover Trade Fair" and so on.

I can't supply actual SUPs to you because my printed version is outdated. Before I renew the subscription I am looking for a smarter way to get the needed information. SD with integrated AIP could be it.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I will send DFS an email asking whether there have been new SUPs and if so, why they have not been sent to us for distribution.
Matthias14
M
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/13/2018 12:25:21 PM
Are you saying there have been new SUPs for the VFR AIP? If so, could you send us one so that we can present it to DFS and ask them what's going on?

Hi Tim,

I had the chance to copy some actual AIP VFR SUPs today. Where should I sent it as for your information?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I don't think there's any need to send them to us. DFS are on the case.
lmamane
l
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)
Here's an example of operationally / legally necessary / useful data not contained in airport plates, but in the rest of the AIP VFR of Germany. Sorry, I have only an outdated version, so page numbers may have changed a bit.

Page AD 1-6 contains a section "Ordinance for Noise Abatement at Airfields", which explains that at aerodromes with more than 15000
or more take-offs and landings per year, there are time restrictions on take-offs (for noise abatement reasons). Page AD 1-7 contains the list of aerodromes where this applies. An example is Bitburg EDRB. The approach and aerodrome charts are mum on this. Now, I go to Skydemon, take the EDRB airport info, and go to "Admin information". It contains the text "Restrictions see AD 1-6". How am I supposed to know what these restrictions are if I don't have the text parts of the VFR AIP, and in this specific case page AD 1-6 and following?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That is an excellent question, and one it would be ideal to pose to the German authorities.
JanR
JanR
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Actually, the page you mentioned is available in Skydemon if you have purchased  "DFS German VFR AIP". Use the Document Browser and open "Flight Procedures". This contains AD 1-1 to AD 1-19.

Fepaje
F
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)
JanR - 12/6/2018 8:55:21 AM
Actually, the page you mentioned is available in Skydemon if you have purchased  "DFS German VFR AIP". Use the Document Browser and open "Flight Procedures". This contains AD 1-1 to AD 1-19.

The AD 1-6 information included in the "Flight Procedures" PDF you mentioned is outdated. The list of aerodromes (AD 1-7) for example is from 2013.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
No, that List of Aerodromes document is updated every 28 days. If you believe the Flight Procedures document to be out of date, or any that we host from the VFR AIP, please let us know (with reference to the actual date of the latest version) so we can take the issue to DFS.

DFS have confirmed that in the January update of the VFR AIP, they will include all SUP for us to publish.

Fepaje
F
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)
Sorry, I phrased my example badly. With "list of aerodromes" I meant the aerodromes for which the noise abatement applies. This important information is located on page AD1-6 & AD1-7 within the "Flight Procedures" document which was last updated 2014/07/10.
The page dates for this example are:
AD1-6: "10 JUL 2014"
AD1-7: "11 JUL 2013"
Both of these are updated regularly. The current version was published today (20 DEC 2018) in the official VFR AIP.

Thanks for sorting out the SUP updates with DFS. That is already a big improvement.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search