Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

"real" VFR-AIP for Germany?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi forum,

I have a question/subject concerning the "VFR" and "non-VFR"-AIPs in SkyDemon.

e.g. for Czech Republic there is one AIP "Czech Republic" and one named "Czech Republic (VFR)"‌‌‌‌. This difference is also given in the german AIP. It seems, that SkyDemon comes with the IFR-AIP and I can´t find a dedicated "German VFR-AIP" But in "real life" is a VFR-AIP. The difference between VFR and IFR-AIP is the publishing date and an 14 days-offset when changes will be effective. The date of published data has an offset of 14 days between VFR and IFR.

For SD I have purchased the German AIP-Plates‌‌ and I´v found some aerodrome-information concerning smaller airfields which is only found in the German VFR-AIP. So far so good, but the rest of the german AIP (General, Enroute...) seems to be the IFR-Part.

My question is: doesn´t DFS offer the VFR-Part ‌‌to SD or is the German VFR-part simply not offered in SD?

Thanks for your time and answer,
Renzo‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We offer only the VFR approach plates from the German VFR AIP. I don't think many people have ever asked for the other, textual portions.
Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/20/2017 9:26:21 AM
We offer only the VFR approach plates from the German VFR AIP. I don't think many people have ever asked for the other, textual portions.

Yes, maybe they did not ask for that - which is surprisingly to me. Having all the related stuff for VFR-flying in a country digitally with me and not anymore in a huge, heavy book is one is one main reason (beneath the navigation purpose of a great software-solution like Sky Demon of course!)
And concerning Germany: the last 25 years I used the printed "Jeppesen Bottlang" with the VFR textual portions and of course the APP-charts for GER/AUT/SUI. One of my hopes buying Sky Demon was to get finally rid of the paperwork and having a *complete* VFR-AIP again - in a lightweight iPad using Sky Demon.

Do you think that will be possible? I still wonder about, that never somebody asked for that...?

Kind regards,
Renzo‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I will ask Eisenschmidt if there is a good reason why we only sell the charts (mainly) and not the textual part.

I suspect that the legal documents that are the main German AIP (which we do supply, for free) are all you need when used in combination with the VAC from the VFR AIP.
Renzo
R
Tim Dawson - 4/24/2017 9:35:03 AM
I will ask Eisenschmidt if there is a good reason why we only sell the charts (mainly) and not the textual part.

I suspect that the legal documents that are the main German AIP (which we do supply, for free) are all you need when used in combination with the VAC from the VFR AIP.

Thanks very much Tim that you´ll ask Eisenschmidt concerning the textual part.
Yes, you offer the German AIP for free, but this is the IFR-Part. Maybe some portions are similar to the VFR-part but not all. I compared it with my printed version. And one big difference between IFR and VFR-part ist the "effective date". They have an offset of 14 days.

I think this is a "real german" problem because each other country offers the AIP digitally and for free.‌‌ I also looked at Eisenschmidt for a complete digital version of the AIP VFR but I did not find one. Perhaps I have to look once more, closer.

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Are you saying that Germany has two AIP documents???? I am only aware of one AIP publication per country with some countries offering a VFR complement which is normally insufficient when taken only by itself.

-- Chris.‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Germany have an IFR AIP and a VFR AIP. This does not really make any sense.

What makes even less sense is the fact their publication dates are offset by 14 days.

When I asked why they have two different AIPs, they said it was because their customers wanted it that way, to make life easier. Unfortunately, once the VFR AIP was split off, the people in charge then decided that it should be a chargeable product.‌‌
Renzo
R
Tim Dawson - 4/26/2017 9:46:33 AM

What makes even less sense is the fact their publication dates are offset by 14 days.

When I asked why they have two different AIPs, they said it was because their customers wanted it that way, to make life easier. Unfortunately, once the VFR AIP was split off, the people in charge then decided that it should be a chargeable product.‌‌

Renzo
R
Renzo - 4/26/2017 10:35:35 AM
Tim Dawson - 4/26/2017 9:46:33 AM

I agree in every word concerning sense of "offset" two AIPs and so on.

‌But: why is the IFR-portion in SD? Ok, its for free, thanks for that. But would it be possible for you to purchase a complete german AIP? Do the offer that to you? And if yes: could it be available to the users? At the second only the plates are useable for german pilots. Things change regularly in the VFR-AIP. I know that because I always have to deal with the paper-work. For a VFR-Pilot an IFR-AIP doesn´t make sense because some parts will always be not complete or outdated or not effective because of the offset.

Kind regards,
Renzo‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
There is no such thing as a "complete" German AIP. There is the IFR AIP, and the VFR AIP.

I still do not understand why you are actually asking about this: what EXACTLY are you missing in the VFR AIP that is essential for your flying?‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search