Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download AIP General, Enroute etc. for offline-use

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi from Bavaria!

Since ‌‌yesterday I use SkyDemon. I purchased the program because of quite "strong" recommendations of mates in our club.
I additionally purchased the AIP Germany and "Rogers Austria". I installed everything smoothly on my PC and iPad, things work fine so far and I tried some flying today with SkyDemon.

‌Now the following question occured:
Am I able to download the AIP-Parts "General" "Enroute" and so on completely in one(!) task for further offline use?
I found out to download all the plates showing e.g. approach-charts, aerodrome-charts for a specific country. That worked fine, I´ve all the plates on my Pad. I also can click one of those thousands of pages e.g in the "General" Part, download, and read it. But I did not find the magic button to receive all the other text-parts of the aip mentioned above.

Anybody here who understands first: my eng‌‌lish - and second: my problem? :-)

Thanks in advance,
Renzo‌
‌‌

drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Renzo - 4/9/2017 9:30:36 PM
Hi from Bavaria!

Since ‌‌yesterday I use SkyDemon. I purchased the program because of quite "strong" recommendations of mates in our club.
I additionally purchased the AIP Germany and "Rogers Austria". I installed everything smoothly on my PC and iPad, things work fine so far and I tried some flying today with SkyDemon.

‌Now the following question occured:
Am I able to download the AIP-Parts "General" "Enroute" and so on completely in one(!) task for further offline use?
I found out to download all the plates showing e.g. approach-charts, aerodrome-charts for a specific country. That worked fine, I´ve all the plates on my Pad. I also can click one of those thousands of pages e.g in the "General" Part, download, and read it. But I did not find the magic button to receive all the other text-parts of the aip mentioned above.

Anybody here who understands first: my eng‌‌lish - and second: my problem? :-)

Thanks in advance,
Renzo‌
‌‌

It should be possible:
- Go to the Airfiels-tab
- Choose "All Documents"
- Choose "Tools" (riight edge)
- Choose "Download product" or
- Choose "Download AiP"
- Choose "Download all" or select country‌‌.

Afterwards you can check:
- non-downloaded items are marked white
- downloaded  items are marked green
- updates in a Kind of yellow.

A few weeks before I had the Problem that a taxi-Chart was not downloaded and no Internet Connection was available. The Chart was listed but did not open and also I was not given a message that this particular Chart has to be downloaded.
Back at home anything was fine (WiFi available).
This Feature should be added‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It is not possible to bulk-download the general (non-aerodrome) parts of a country's AIP at present.
Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Hi Tim,

thanks for the quick reply! Two questions:
- why?
- maybe in the future?

Kind regards,
Renzo‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson - 4/10/2017 2:33:56 PM
It is not possible to bulk-download the general (non-aerodrome) parts of a country's AIP at present.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I don't think we have a record of why; presumably because they are the least likely documents to be needed in flight. The answer to "in the future?" is the same as every suggestion on here: if lots of people want it, it will be done.
bsindram
b
Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)
Hi Tim,
Yes please include that option. I'm really missing it. It would be so good to have all AIPs current and offline available. Imagine being able to find the correct info on a RA or the correct altimeter setting procedure when enroute with a student. So please yes! I never understood why you made the plates bulk downloadable but not the text.
Thanks,
Ben
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I see a direct link with http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic22815.aspx

M‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
No, this request has nothing to do with that other thread.

Again, nobody has told us exactly why it should ever be necessary to have the non-aerodrome parts of an AIP available in flight. It's a simple question but I suspect there really isn't a good answer; no national authority would require it. ‌‌
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/19/2017 1:08:35 PM
No, this request has nothing to do with that other thread.

Again, nobody has told us exactly why it should ever be necessary to have the non-aerodrome parts of an AIP available in flight. It's a simple question but I suspect there really isn't a good answer; no national authority would require it. ‌‌

The enroute section which contains details of the Prohibited/Danger and Restricted areas can be useful if tactical rerouting is required, as it may contain more detail than displayed on the chart. I have experienced inconsistency in whether the headers for the non-plates sections of the AIP are even displayed at all when in flight. Coming back up through France last weekend I wasn't able to access an ENR section I had previously downloaded; knocking the app out of flight mode for a few seconds didn't make any difference either; i wonder it was something to do with being connected to a PilotAware with no internet connection was fooling it somehow.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Gets my vote! +1
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search