Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download AIP General, Enroute etc. for offline-use

Author
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Are you guys seriously starting to browse through the dense AIP sections while flying an airplane? I can do that while on AP and flying IFR but I would never divert my attention to this while VFR. When I need to know something during flight I ask ATC. That's what they are here for.

-- Chris.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
I think I'm grown up enough to decide when it's appropriate to look up a document in flight. It's a task you can give a passenger.

Anyway, I just want the application to work consistently.
Edited 8/27/2017 7:07:00 PM by grahamb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
SkyDemon is perfectly consistent here: the download all function for AIPs is designed to download all the aerodrome-specific parts of the AIP in case you need to divert while in flight. You can always ensure you have relevant ENR documents downloaded before flight if you wish, but that's not how the download all feature is designed to work.
lhe
lhe
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
SemperFi - 8/30/2017 7:16:30 PM
I only see one reason for complete AIPs in Skydemon - for countries forcing everybody by law to keep a full version aboard, but how few ever put ramp checks on that and are there even any left?

I've never heard of a country forcing you to have the full AIP onboard. Certainly an EASA country can't do that as the EU regulations state what documents you need -- the AIP is not among them -- and individual countries can't add to that. Also for most countries the full AIP on paper would be several large binders. What country are you thinking of?

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Ok, why is the information at all in SkyDemon if no one uses it? If it is in SkyDemon somebody is using it and therefore they and I should have the possibility to bulk-download. When I am on hollyday I read the information as training / refresh of knowledge. It is ok to have the present solution, then I can see what have been updated, but I have also a backup Ipad and on that I would like the bulk-download.

At least you have to have an updated ICAO map with you in flight and that rule is fullfilled with the electronic version in SkyDemon.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search