Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon Identification Server Down for Maintenance - No previous Notice

Author
c
Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)Forum Member (42 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Today I could not connect to the application on my ipad with a message "communication error...", despite my internet connection was fully OK. So I decided to have a call to your services, and I was told by the attendend that this was "normal" due to scheduled maintenance.
I was in an hurry with a fligth, this trouble impacted my activity.

I'm very sorry but THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

Scheduled maintenance is absolutly "normal" when customers are alerted with some reasonnable anticipation. My phone number, E-mail are available in your database, you could inform you "valuable customers"...

Nobody on the phone accepted to committ to behave repectfully toward customers for the next schedule maintenance... I'm wondering wether I did the right choise with electing SkyDemon.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We had a period yesterday where certain functions were unavailable for approximately one hour while we did some necessary server maintenance. The only things unavailable were filing of flightplans and logging in a new device. This happens from time to time, though rarely, and the nature of what we are doing means we will not always be able to warn in advance. Instead, we take steps to make it affect as few people as possible. For example, yesterday's maintenance will have inconvenienced only those who had left their planning to the very last minute.

SkyDemon suffers downtime for only a few hours per year, on average. Our ongoing work seeks to make that duration even shorter.

If you no longer wish to use SkyDemon, simply contact our customer service and we will terminate your account.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Tim,

I‘m a happy customer with SD and I appreciate your helpfulness (as most other users do, I guess), but your reply to clergeot‘s message is not what one would call ‘customer-friendly’, the more so as he’s completely right (imho).

As you store all our email addresses and obviously use a tool for sending newsletters, it shouldn’t be a too big problem to inform your paying customers.

I often do my planning for the next flight minutes before take off. This is not a problem when using SD and one of the assets I’m using it for.

Kind regards
Eric
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Tim, there is room for improvement in the dialog with customers. SD is a super product and therefore the people behind it must be somewhat super. Do not let a bad mood day destroy that!

For my part I do not want mails for a 10 minutes breakdown on SD.
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Not for a 10 minute breakdown, but for an hour, as Tim himself indicated, especially when it is scheduled maintenance, as clergeot was told.
Edited 5/30/2019 9:12:19 PM by efrenken
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I'm afraid that although it was scheduled to happen, its timing could not be predicted in this instance.

I am privy to the lengthy telephone call between SkyDemon and the OP on this thread, so I know what dialogue had already occurred between us and him. That dialogue is private, obviously, but my response on here is based on what had already been said.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search