Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problems with Flarm on Ipad

Author
Paul Mahony
Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim,

I'll certainly try to do that for you. I've just Googled how to take a screen-shot on an iPad (!!) and I'll see if I can get a friend at the flying club to taxi away from me with his transponder on and get a few shots.

Thanks again for your support.

Paul
DerekL
DerekL
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi
Just an update on my original post. After changing the Butterfly unit all appears to be working. I had trouble with the GPS dropping out at times which I cured by moving the GPS aerial as far away from the dash as possible. It is now mounted on the nose of my QuikR. I still have a problem with an error message which covers the bottom third of the screen. Message says " there was a communication error during operation Downloading TAFs etc" this keeps appearing every few minuets when I am flying. Box in setting ticked live data only when planning. Perhaps Tim can comment.

Regards Derek
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Derek,

logout and in again and the prob should be cured.

Eric
DerekL
DerekL
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Thanks Eric. Will try this next time I am flying.

Derek
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Derek, keep in mind logging out and in while on the ground. You'll have no internet connection in the air most probably which will result in not being able to log in again.

Eric
DerekL
DerekL
Ok. Logged out and back in before I took off. First fligh 40 mins no error message. Set now route. Second flight 10 mins. No error message. Set new route. Third flight 20 mins got error messages again. Could not log out because no internet. Set new route to home. Fourth flight 30 mins Error messages again.
Should setting the flag "no live data when flying" Stop this happening?

Derek
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Yes, I always have that set (and I believe it's the default setting).
DerekL
DerekL
Trouble is that even with this setting Skydemon still try's to update notams, weather etc. when flying when flarm used. This is a bug Skydemon should address.
Any hope of a fix Tim?

Derek
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's not a bug we have managed to reproduce in house. Can you give us some simple steps that make it happen?
DerekL
DerekL
Hi Tim
iPad 2
Software up to date
Just updated to latest Skydemon
I log out and log back in to Skydemon and I set my route while connected to Wifi
I turn the IPad off and go to hanger.
I start engine and turn on Flarm and IPad
On the iPad I check it is connected to Flarm/Butterfly Wifi network.
Then I go flying via Setup connection options Flarm, go flying.
I do not get an error message for the first or possibly second flight but after the third flight I get the error message every ten minuets.
The error message gives date and time and says " There was a communications error during operation "Downloading TAFs (or notams etc.) Timed out "...............etc

This happens every time I go flying. I have photos of error message if they will help.

Derek

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search