Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problems with Flarm on Ipad

Author
DerekL
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim
iPad 2
Software up to date
Just updated to latest Skydemon
I log out and log back in to Skydemon and I set my route while connected to Wifi
I turn the IPad off and go to hanger.
I start engine and turn on Flarm and IPad
On the iPad I check it is connected to Flarm/Butterfly Wifi network.
Then I go flying via Setup connection options Flarm, go flying.
I do not get an error message for the first or possibly second flight but after the third flight I get the error message every ten minuets.
The error message gives date and time and says " There was a communications error during operation "Downloading TAFs (or notams etc.) Timed out "...............etc

This happens every time I go flying. I have photos of error message if they will help.

Derek

DerekL
DerekL
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi Tim
iPad 2
Software up to date
Just updated to latest Skydemon
I log out and log back in to Skydemon and I set my route while connected to Wifi
I turn the IPad off and go to hanger.
I start engine and turn on Flarm and IPad
On the iPad I check it is connected to Flarm/Butterfly Wifi network.
Then I go flying via Setup connection options Flarm, go flying.
I do not get an error message for the first or possibly second flight but after the third flight I get the error message every ten minuets.
The error message gives date and time and says " There was a communications error during operation "Downloading TAFs (or notams etc.) Timed out "...............etc

This happens every time I go flying. I have photos of error message if they will help.

Derek

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
When you see the errors, can you check to see what the setting under Setup -> Communication Options is? Does changing it help?
DerekL
DerekL
Live data when planning ticked in connectivity options. Will try offline mode next time I go flying

Derek
Bartaafjes
Bartaafjes
Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)Too Much Forum (155 reputation)
Hi Paul,
I have a similar situation on my ipad. When I select 'go fly' it is finding my position just fine, but only for about 10 seconds, then the plane disappears and a bar comes up with 'waiting for location data'. This is done on the ground, not in the air. On my Iphone it works fine. You are writing to turn off airplane mode, because it turns off GPS, where do I do that?
Regards, Bart.
DerekL
DerekL
Hi Tim. The error messages display wether it is set as offline mode or live data when planning. Set route at home with wifi and went flying. No error messages. Landed and set new route for home. No wifi at airfield. On flight back got error messages every ten mins when Skydemon tried to download TAFs notams plates etc. Change to offline Mode did not stop error messages.

Derek
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Unfortunately that brings me to a dead end in my investigations. Explicitly setting Offline Mode prohibits SkyDemon from embarking upon any new network communications. I have added some debug code to the communications module to see if that helps in the next version. If it doesn't, we may need to get you a beta version with enhanced diagnostic logging.
DerekL
DerekL
Thanks Tim

I will await developments.

Regards Derek Lawrence
DerekL
DerekL
Thanks Tim

I will await developments.

Regards Derek Lawrence
Attxell
Attxell
Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)Too Much Forum (527 reputation)
Hello to everybody,
I am going to install a Flarm system to use it with Ipad mini as display;
are there any news about the problems discussed in this thread?

Thanks

Attilio Bellachioma

Edited 11/29/2014 6:06:59 PM by Attxell
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search