Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Autopilot + COM freq. over BT to RS232

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SkyDemon uses Bluetooth low energy (BLE). There's no pairing process, there's no SPP, it requires pretty much no configuration, so it's very easy.

BLE to RS232 has a defined service and characteristic UUID (one for each) which you should be able to find online.

Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/22/2024 8:20:06 AM
Do you need further information than what's in the user manual?

Sorry, Did not read the latest manual

tmn_pilot
t
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Hi all

Great feature :-)

Can anyone confirm it is working on android devices?

I've tried on 3 different devices with different BLE versions, and SD were not able to discover any of my BLE devices.

Thomas

aerobatics500
a
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Joachim Gothe - 8/20/2024 4:30:15 PM
Hi,
I tested it today with this equipment:
VAN's RV6 experimental, iPad mini 6, Skydemon 4.0.0.397, Blutooth->RS232 Adapter Bt578v3, TRIO Autopilot.
It works perfectly !! :-)

Can you please post make and model of the bluetooth adapter. I purchased a BT578V3 and it doesn't work with IOS. 

Joachim Gothe
Joachim Gothe
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
aerobatics500 - 8/26/2024 5:39:26 PM

Can you please post make and model of the bluetooth adapter. I purchased a BT578V3 and it doesn't work with IOS. 
It don*t work with IOS, it work with skydemon on IOS !!! :-)
You can not find a BLE-Device with native IOS. You must find and add it from Skydemon. (read Manual)

The IOS APP "Lightblue" can show BLE-Devices nearby (like Apple Airtags)
Achim
PS: I ordered my Bt578v3 from Aliexpress (found via google)

Michael Hoffmann
Michael Hoffmann
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
I have connected a DSD TECH HM-10 Bluetooth 4.0 BLE iBeacon UART module and can receive the "COM setting data" via RS232. 
This works really well.

Is there a list of supported radios and their data format? 
Now I'm faced with the problem of wanting to control a Becker AR 6201 radio. It has an RS-422 interface. It shouldn't be a problem to convert RS232 to RS422, but the data format is unknown. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Michael

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
SkyDemon works great with BLE devices on iOS and Android, it has been tested extensively on both using the BT578 but others should work the same.

We don't have a list of radios that support the Garmin protocol that we use. Trig are definitely included.

Michael Hoffmann
Michael Hoffmann
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/27/2024 8:59:31 AM
SkyDemon works great with BLE devices on iOS and Android, it has been tested extensively on both using the BT578 but others should work the same.

We don't have a list of radios that support the Garmin protocol that we use. Trig are definitely included.

Is there a documentation of the used Garmin protocol?
As already mentioned, I would like to control a Becker AR6201. If it is a GARMIN protocol, can you also control a GNS 430 / 530 with it? Are there any experiences?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Yes there is documentation out there. Search for Garmin GTR 225 installation manual and look for the PGRMC NMEA sentence.
vikino
v
Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)
Joachim Gothe - 8/26/2024 8:04:47 PM
aerobatics500 - 8/26/2024 5:39:26 PM

It don*t work with IOS, it work with skydemon on IOS !!! :-)
You can not find a BLE-Device with native IOS. You must find and add it from Skydemon. (read Manual)

The IOS APP "Lightblue" can show BLE-Devices nearby (like Apple Airtags)
Achim
PS: I ordered my Bt578v3 from Aliexpress (found via google)

It works with iOS, tested with iPhone, iPad, as well Android devices, tablets, phones, 578 v3 without any single issue...
Is your 578 correctly configured? It can me configured via RS232 from PC...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search