Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Autopilot + COM freq. over BT to RS232

Author
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 6/24/2024 10:15:34 AM
From what I've heard, people drive their Skyview autopilot from the Skyview itself, having transferred the SkyDemon route on to it.

I do not know that the Skyview autopilot can be disconnected from the Skyview and given commands by other software, but if it can, and it accepts those commands via RS232, then our solution might work.

Yes, you send the SD route to SV via wifi connection from SV then, once on SV, it can drive autopilot etc. but what I'm referring to is effectively using SD as a navigation source into SV so any changes made in SD would be reflected real-time in SV. Perhaps my confusion but that is what I understood the BT connectivity would enable?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
I'm afraid we have exceeded my knowledge of how the Skyview can connect to other avionics, sorry. Our forthcoming Bluetooth connectivity will allow SkyDemon to be connected to autopilots that accept GPRMB sentences over RS232 to set the current heading etc.
vikino
v
Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/12/2024 8:55:23 AM
How strange that now we're focusing on exactly this development, nobody in this thread wishes to help.

Hello tim, i did not received topic notifications, will dm you

vikino
v
Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)Too Much Forum (105 reputation)
Skyboy999 - 6/25/2024 7:47:03 AM
Tim Dawson - 6/24/2024 10:15:34 AM
From what I've heard, people drive their Skyview autopilot from the Skyview itself, having transferred the SkyDemon route on to it.

I do not know that the Skyview autopilot can be disconnected from the Skyview and given commands by other software, but if it can, and it accepts those commands via RS232, then our solution might work.

Yes, you send the SD route to SV via wifi connection from SV then, once on SV, it can drive autopilot etc. but what I'm referring to is effectively using SD as a navigation source into SV so any changes made in SD would be reflected real-time in SV. Perhaps my confusion but that is what I understood the BT connectivity would enable?

Hi, SV is intended to use internal SV maps to drive AP, i have to look into manuals if it is possible to drive SV AP over RS232.
This what will be in SD is meant to drive older Dynon APs, as well as Garmin AP with G5, stand-alone autopilots. There it will work real-time.

Joachim Gothe
Joachim Gothe
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
Hi,
I tested it today with this equipment:
VAN's RV6 experimental, iPad mini 6, Skydemon 4.0.0.397, Blutooth->RS232 Adapter Bt578v3, TRIO Autopilot.
It works perfectly !! :-)

mbechc
m
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)
I would like to sign up as beta tester if needed.

I have the Skyview Radio panel which is useless in Denmark with all our small grass-strips (Half the flying time is spend rotating for new freq) - I would simply be overjoyed to have Skydemon able to transmit frequencies to the remote radio unit and put tape over the Dynon radio panel. You just smashed it with this feature....

Secondly I transmit routes from Skydemon to FPL inside Skyview, but having the servoes run by Skydemon is also extremely valuable. The last stretch were we get landing information and select the landing pattern in Skydemon can now be flown by autopilot controlled by Skydemon as I seldom have time to transmit FLP to Skyview and select the right leg inside FPL menu in Skyview - this is also a killer feature.

Wow just wow
I have bought the serial adaptor and are ready to test

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
No need for more beta testing of these features as they went live earlier this week in our new version. SkyDemon 4 is out now and it includes sending of frequencies to radios, and course data to autopilots.
Bouwair
Bouwair
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Can anyone put some electrical drawings here for connecting a trig radio and a Garmin G5 and the Bluetooth->RS232 Adapter Bt578v3

Edited 8/21/2024 9:59:35 PM by Bouwair
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Do you need further information than what's in the user manual?
I_Need_Help
I_Need_Help
Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)
Hi @Tim and everyone,

I'm working on building a Bluetooth to CAN bus interface and transforming the message, which isn't too challenging. However, as an iPhone user, I'm running into difficulties connecting to SkyDemon from a Bluetooth-enabled microcontroller.

My main question is: When SkyDemon starts scanning for devices, what exactly is it looking for? Is it expecting an RFCOMM or SPP connection via Classic Bluetooth, assumingly as a server? Or is it scanning for a specific GATT using BLE? It would be really helpful if someone familiar with the scanning and connection code in SkyDemon could clarify this.

Additionally, I've ordered one of the standalone converters that were mentioned earlier. Once it arrives, what configuration is necessary for it to connect properly?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search