Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Stratux

Author
p
Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)Too Much Forum (256 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey.
S‌o I just stumbled over Stratux yesterday and then after a quick google found this thread.
Would any of you guys that have Stratux working with SD be willing to put together a guide to this?
What is the equipment list to buy?
How to get it working or links to the popper guides to follow?

W‌ould save me and others for much time on google Smile

T‌hanks,
-‌alex‌‌
Telefisch
T
Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)Too Much Forum (379 reputation)
www.stratux.me
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
popov - 11/22/2017 12:27:21 PM
Hey.
S‌o I just stumbled over Stratux yesterday and then after a quick google found this thread.
Would any of you guys that have Stratux working with SD be willing to put together a guide to this?
What is the equipment list to buy?
How to get it working or links to the popper guides to follow?

W‌ould save me and others for much time on google Smile

T‌hanks,
-‌alex‌‌

Absolutely, I just started to build a Stratux version for my flying purposes in Germany, replacing 978MHz UAT with 868MHz FLARM support and of course running it with SkyDemon. I'll give you an update as soon as something is running in my lab. There are a couple of challenges to build Stratux here as almost all "shopping lists" are US based and some components that are listed there are simply not available here in Germany (e.g. Stratux cases). My vision is to be able to provide a shopping list for Europe and a related built manual, similar to some of the US web sites.

‌‌Best,
‌Stefan

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Initial tests successful, only one SDR @ 1090 MHz installed at this point. I wonder how much it would take to also display "Basic Mode S" traffic as circles with a predicted distance based on changes in the power received by Stratux. Currently this is not supported in the latest Stratux built.

rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
TouchTheSky - 1/10/2018 10:41:26 AM
Initial tests successful, only one SDR @ 1090 MHz installed at this point. I wonder how much it would take to also display "Basic Mode S" traffic as circles with a predicted distance based on changes in the power received by Stratux. Currently this is not supported in the latest Stratux built.

I really like the Stratux solution.  Have you implemented a flarm connection or is this GDL90?  My understanding is the bearingless targets won't be possible over GDL90 but this thread may be of interest. https://github.com/cyoung/stratux/issues/489

TouchTheSky
T
I connected via GDL90 because I thought this would be the only option to combine Stratux with SD. Is a FLARM based connection possible as well?
‌Thanks btw. for the link to the thread, I was almost already writing a feature request to cyoung. I understand that there are mixed opinions about such a feature but at least getting a warning about another Mode S target on the same flight level that is coming closer would be helpful.
rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
TouchTheSky - 1/10/2018 11:58:03 AM
I connected via GDL90 because I thought this would be the only option to combine Stratux with SD. Is a FLARM based connection possible as well?
‌Thanks btw. for the link to the thread, I was almost already writing a feature request to cyoung. I understand that there are mixed opinions about such a feature but at least getting a warning about another Mode S target on the same flight level that is coming closer would be helpful.

Its looks to me like someone has created a Flarm based fork of Stratux but I've not tried it. I just use the default build and connect via GDL90 but if mode S range rings were possible it would be a winner.

TouchTheSky
T
rg - 1/10/2018 12:12:11 PM

Its looks to me like someone has created a Flarm based fork of Stratux but I've not tried it. I just use the default build and connect via GDL90 but if mode S range rings were possible it would be a winner.

‌Indeed. I will try the FLARM fork of Stratux soon with my second SDR but this is only for receiving FLARM traffic, right? Isn't it a separate thing based on which protocols (GDL90 or FLARM) to connect with the EFB? The earlier mentioned "flarm-network" fork does no longer exist ...

Edited 1/10/2018 12:26:08 PM by TouchTheSky
techie59
t
Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)Too Much Forum (275 reputation)
TouchTheSky - 1/10/2018 12:26:08 PM
rg - 1/10/2018 12:12:11 PM

‌Indeed. I will try the FLARM fork of Stratux soon with my second SDR but this is only for receiving FLARM traffic, right? Isn't it a separate thing based on which protocols (GDL90 or FLARM) to connect with the EFB? The earlier mentioned "flarm-network" fork does no longer exist ...

Well done Touchthesky!!
I‌ just finish building my Stratux (after a trip to the US and purchase of the equipment on amazon.com). I get the GPS location but I don't see the traffic on SD even if I see planes on the Stratux app.
What configuration of traffic have you implemented on the SD app? I would like to try myself.

T‌hanks to share your tips.

I‌t will be interesting to know when SD will be able to display an artificial horizon. :-)

E‌tienne‌‌‌

TouchTheSky
T
E‌tienne‌‌‌,
‌ first of all make sure that:
‌- your SD device is connected to Stratux WiFi
‌- under SD Settings/Third-Party Devices SkyEcho, iLevil is selected
‌- under SD Settings/Navigation Options/Other Traffic/show Within e.g. 50.000 ft or more is selected

‌Then you have to "Go Flying" in SD using SkyEcho, iLevil and you must see all ADS-B traffic that you see on Stratux.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search