Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
"SkyDemon do not recognise this"

What were you hoping to achieve by writing that?

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Updated:
Here is a link to download the latest version 3.5 of SkyDemon for the Mac.
[deleted - use link on the first post in this thread]

Download this, uncompress it, then copy it to your Applications folder.
If you've already got an earlier version installed, first drag it from Applications folder to the Trash - you shouldn't lose any settings when doing this, as these are stored separately in your Documents folder.

Important
: The first time you run it, you will need to locate it in the Applications folder from Finder and press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu (this is because it is 'untrusted' - see: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18657?locale=en_US Wink.  You may also have to click “Allow” to a pop-up about accepting inbound connections.

Remember - this isn't supported by SkyDemon, it's simply something I've done for my own benefit, and happy to share with others on an 'as is' basis. Please use this thread for any specific feedback / issues with this build (good or bad). I can’t promise to fix everything - and indeed one day this might all suddenly stop working when some unwanted update comes along. At the risk of sounding like a lawyer, use entirely at your own risk.

Known issues:
As with the previous versions for Mac, there are two known unresolved issues:
 - you must have a printer installed and configured before using Print Centre, otherwise Print Centre won't work;
 - the weather icons in the weather panel are not displayed;

Edited 5/5/2016 10:37:08 AM by rikur
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Shifu (2/4/2016)
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
The type initializer for 'Divelements.SandGrid.Rendering.WindowsXPRenderer' threw an exception."

Hopefully now resolved in the updated version I've just uploaded.
Aubrey Dawson
Aubrey Dawson
Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)Too Much Forum (782 reputation)
Tim Dawson (2/3/2016)
"SkyDemon do not recognise this"

What were you hoping to achieve by writing that?

I think he was expressing an opinion that its a shame that SkyDemon still does not offer native support for Macs, especially when so many people ask for it and would use it. Will SkyDemon ever be ported to Macs? SkyDemon is an amazing program and I absolutely love it, but please please rethink your stance on support for Macs rather than relying on kindly 3rd parties to port their own versions.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If we ever make a Mac version, we won't exactly keep it a secret. Until such time (if there ever is one) it's safe to assume that the market isn't large enough for it to be worth it for us.
rikur
rikur
Shifu (2/5/2016)
Any real reason why the new Version is using 1+GB on HDD instead of the 570MB the SD3440 wrap did?

Hi Shifu,
it has grown because of the inclusion of .Net 4 libraries - as the new version of SkyDemon prompted that it needed .Net 4 during installation.  However, Tim's just suggested that this was probably unnecessary, so I will try a version without .Net 4 in due course ..... probably won't be today though .... got to do some paid work today ;-)
R
rikur
rikur
rikur (2/5/2016)
Shifu (2/5/2016)
Any real reason why the new Version is using 1+GB on HDD instead of the 570MB the SD3440 wrap did?

Hi Shifu,
it has grown because of the inclusion of .Net 4 libraries - as the new version of SkyDemon prompted that it needed .Net 4 during installation.  However, Tim's just suggested that this was probably unnecessary, so I will try a version without .Net 4 in due course ..... probably won't be today though .... got to do some paid work today ;-)
R

This is now back down to it's previous slender 571MB size :-)
reimomo
reimomo
Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)
Slightly odd query....

SD working great on my iMac retina, but for the fact that the wineskin window is teeny.

Is there a way you know of to for it to use the whole screen?

I can't click and drag like a normal window - it's currently 'locked' to a small size.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
reimomo
reimomo
Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)Too Much Forum (569 reputation)
sorry - double clicked the green button and now I'm in business.

sorry!
ChristianW
ChristianW
Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)
I only want to thank you for this great App!
I've been looking for a long time to have a MacOS-Version of SD. Missing it (or not knowing, that there is one) prevented me for some years to use SD (so I used AirNavigation instead).
But now, things changed.

Thanks!
Christian

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search