Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iOS terrain map & overlays not or sluggishly updating.

Author
Joachim Gothe
Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 10/17/2024 9:52:08 AM
What if you created a circular flight, then "flew" it in the SkyDemon simulate mode for an hour, does the problem reproduce then?

Last Thursday after a 10 minute flight from EDVI to EDVM. Protokol on AT1 GDL90, on Skydemon AT1. 9 Seconds between both pictures. Total time of the dropout more than 20 seconds
Achim

Edited Yesterday @ 9:38 PM by Joachim Gothe
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)
What if you created a circular flight, then "flew" it in the SkyDemon simulate mode for an hour, does the problem reproduce then?
Joachim Gothe
Joachim Gothe
Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)Too Much Forum (112 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/15/2024 2:13:56 PM
Hello Achim, can you reproduce the problem in simulate mode?

No, It usually occurs after a long flight of more than an hour. The iPad mini 6 is very warm and WiFi and Blutooth is on.
I can reprocuce it, when I fly with the MSFS2020 Simulator and WiFi connection with "xmapsy" and GDL90 protocol.
In real Live I fly Air avionics AT1 with AT1 protocol.
Achim

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)SkyDemon Team (643K reputation)
Hello Achim, can you reproduce the problem in simulate mode?
Joachim Gothe
Joachim Gothe
Same Problem in vicinity of big mountains (ALPS) or  difficult Airspace with many Points.
Recently my iPad mini 6 becomes hotter than before and the battery drains faster. Even at night with dark screen.
Achim

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thank you for letting me know. You might want to contact customer support as they may know more than I do about things that are worth trying. I would suggest fiddling with the map settings or chart styles though, to see if that helps.
BenjaminT
B
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Thanks for following up, Tim.
I've run an extended simulation session and cannot reproduce it simulate mode.
However I've placed the iPad on the co-drivers seat in the car. The problem will reliably occur within 11 to 14 minutes. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
This isn't the first we've heard of somebody experiencing this, but we haven't managed to reproduce it to figure out what's going on. It tends to be happening on older devices, as far as we can tell.

It would be good to know if you can reproduce the issue in simulate mode. Note that if it takes a while for the issue to surface in normal flight mode, it may also take a while to surface in simulate mode.

BenjaminT
B
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Hi there,
since this season I'm experiencing major problems with the terrain map and airport overlays.
I'm currently running version 4.0.0.397 on iPad mini 4 running iOS 15.8.3.
All is good in ground mode.
However in flight mode, terrain either won't update at all. Or it updates very sluggishly only some of the tiles. Attached you will find two screenshots from yesterday. They are taken 10s apart.
What sometimes does help (but not always): Running the app in the background and when you switch back to it, it will magically update everything.
Terrain maps might not seem a big issue, however I was experiencing this also with the approach and departure routes e.g. at LOIR.

Is this known to you? Any suggestions?
Regards
Benjamin

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search