Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Finger Friendly SIP

Author
Max_UK
Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Steve, I certainly agree that a lot of the keys are redundant, but find it very easy to slide the keyboard around to see the rest of the screen.

I think that if you have the time & inclination,w00t many people with the lower resolution screens would welcome an "in between" size.

I've also found that my WinCE5 unit has a EuroKeyboard option. That is a mid size keyboard but seems slow to load. (May come from the miopocket installation?) Screenshot below for those interested

Regards,

Max.

Attachments
EuroKeyboard.jpg (740 views, 32.00 KB)
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi

I've done a version for 480x272 devices - you'll find it here.

I don't have anything to test this on so I don't know if it works!

It theoretically should...

Steve

Edited 5/30/2011 6:25:48 PM by stevelup
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Hi

I've written a new gadget for selecting the SIP automatically.

Please download it here

Replace...

RunWait("\SDMMC\SIP\sipchange.exe")

...with...

RunWait("\SDMMC\SIP\AutoSelectSIP.exe")

...in the original script.

Basically, this enumerates all the installed SIPs and activates the one called either SkyDemon or SkyDemon480.

Steve
Edited 5/30/2011 6:25:35 PM by stevelup
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Again this works perfectly (one step less).

Thank you very much Stevelup

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
stevelup
stevelup
Hi Folks,

Please find my final version of the package for download here.

Installation instructions are as before.

New features are:-

1) Automatically detects the path of the storage card so you don't need to manually edit the script

2) Tries to find your SkyDemon installation (it looks in the two most obvious places)

3) Detects whether you have a 800x480 or a 480x272 device and automatically copies the correct DLL

4) Automatically selects the correct SIP

Steve
Jakob
Jakob
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
Hi,

I just tried it on my device running CE 5.0.

With some hacking I could get it to launch, but I get "GetLastError returns 47e" when it tries to register the DLL.

I click ok and the taskbar hides and SD launches. SD does not expand to full screen, the bottom area of the display where the taskbar was is not used by SD.

I only get the standard small CE keyboard.

Microlight pilot from Sweden
Edited 5/30/2011 9:20:09 PM by Jakob
stevelup
stevelup
Hi

I think the best thing to do would be to go back to basics and follow the instructions on the first page (in other words, forget my automated script for now).

Make sure you can copy the DLL and register it OK by hand first - if you can't do that, then it's never going to work.

I would say that if you're getting an error registering the DLL, you may have a read only registry or some other weird thing.

How do you normally launch SkyDemon? I can't think of anything that I'm doing that would stop it launching full screen. You could try removing the stuff I added for the taskbar in case that was an anomaly with my device.

Steve

pink leader
pink leader
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Steve

Great stuff and much needed.

However, sorry to be a bit thick. You say same install instructions as before. But there have been a number of incarnations as you have automated it more .. each with install instructions. Looks like I just install the file you have posted into the Windows folder of my WinCE device.

Is that correct?

David

stevelup
stevelup
Place the SIP folder on the root of your storage card, then instead of launching SkyDemon, run SkyDemonLauncher.exe in the SIP folder.

If your device is one where you need to name the navigation executable with a particular name, then you must rename both SkyDemonLauncher.exe and SkyDemonLauncher.mscr to the new name. You can, if you wish, also move those files out of the SIP folder, but if you do that, you must also move MortScript.exe too.
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Again this works straight-away perfectly this time all in just ONE step.

Thank you again Stevelup

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search