Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Finger Friendly SIP

Author
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi

As promised, here is the finger friendly input panel I've been working on. It is intended for users of 800x480 devices, and the size has been optimised to work with SkyDemon as far as possible.

The DLL and a copy of regsvrce can be found here

I can't really give any support for installing this at the minute, but the instructions are as follows:-

Copy both files into the Windows folder of your device.

Launch regsvrce.exe

Enter 'skysip.dll' into the box and tap OK

You now need to select the SkyDemon SIP. There are various ways of doing this - you can either do it in control panel, or by tapping the keyboard/pencil icon at the bottom right of the taskbar.

If you don't have access to your desktop, then you won't be able to use this for now.

I am planning in the future to package it up so it will work on devices that don't have access to the Windows CE shell. It shouldn't be an issue to integrate it into MioPocket for those people who are using that.

Please do not pester me about this though. It'll be done when it's done! Alternatively, now I've done the difficult bit, perhaps someone else could package it?

Steve
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
That looks very good Stevelup. I will try to follow your instructions. All my sets are 800x480. Will keep you posted. Thanks.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 5/28/2011 8:34:16 PM by Runways
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
A very nice keyboard. Welldone. I managed to install it and used it in CE, but once I reboot into SD , the device reverts to the small keyboard. Looking back into windows, I note the two files have disappeared. So in brief my set reverts back to its default system of files. I tried to place the files on the memory card and direct the registry path to the memory card but the same occured. I think my registry files revert to their default value, once the device is rebooted or is turned off. I may try to edit the windows config file tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Meanwhile, if you have, and I am sure you will, any easier methods, please share them.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 5/28/2011 10:17:29 PM by Runways
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
A lot of devices restore themselves to factory settings after each reboot.

You're going to need a script to automatically copy, register and activate the SIP each time you launch SD.

Please download this file

Unzip it into a folder called SIP on the root of your memory card.

Next, edit the file SkyDemonLaunch.mscr

Run("\SDMMC\SIP\TaskbarHide.exe")

Sleep(250)

Copy("\SDMMC\SIP\skysip.dll", "\Windows\skysip.dll")

RunWait("\SDMMC\SIP\regsvrce.exe", "/s \Windows\skysip.dll")

RunWait("\SDMMC\SIP\sipchange.exe")

RunWait("\SDMMC\SkyDemon.exe")

RunWait("\SDMMC\SIP\TaskbarShow.exe")

The bits in bold above need changing to the name of your storage card. The above assumes SkyDemon is stored in the root of your SD card. If this is not the case, you'll need to change the penultimate line.

Finally, change your navigation path to point at SkyDemonLaunch.exe instead of your SkyDemon executable

If your device is one where you had to rename the SkyDemon executable to get it to run, then rename that back to SkyDemon.exe and instead rename the two SkyDemonLaunch files to (for example) FreedomCE.exe and FreedomCE.mscr. If you need to, you can move these files out of the SIP folder, but if you do this, you must also move the MortScript.exe file.

A side effect of doing the above will be that the SkyDemon plan software will be able to find and update your copy of SkyDemon InFlight without you needing to copy the file each time.

One final thing I'll probably write is a SIP selector that automatically selects the SkyDemon SIP without needing any user input. It may just be a registry key that needs settings - I'll investigate when I get a minute.

Enjoy!

Edited 5/28/2011 11:31:58 PM by stevelup
Runways
Runways
Many thanks Stevelup for the immediate response.

I will try this tomorrow, time now near 2.00 am tomorrow being a workday Sad

If you do not mind, tomorrow, I may copy/paste the above in the other thread of discussion (SD 2.1.1) as from yourself for ease of reference for others, unless I hear to the contrary from yourself. I think the benefit should be disseminated. I will also direct them to this thread for further discussions on this topic.

Incidentally. I stored SD in a folder: SkyDemon, with the .exe file within. on my SDMMC card with the same name (ie SDMMC). My guess is that I will find close to no difficulty in the configuring things. I will keep you posted with the outcome.

Many thanks again.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
stevelup
stevelup
Might be better keeping discussion and support of this in one place. It'll make it easier to keep track of, and I already put a link to this thread.
Edited 5/28/2011 11:29:40 PM by stevelup
Runways
Runways
Roger that!

and IT WORKED LIKE A DREAM!

Stevelup you deserve a big thank you. I will contact you tomorrow via e-mail if you do not mind. It is after 3.30 am here.

I feel this new module would benefit all SD members. Perhaps consideration can be given to incorporating this module into SD so that the configuration can be part of the SD installation process.

I am sure this module will make it easier for all SD users to enter data in-flight. Stevelup's efforts deserve to be acknowledged and encouraged perhaps formally. Can I suggest a one year free subscription? I am happy to participate.

I would be interested to know other's thoughts.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 5/29/2011 8:48:27 AM by Runways
Roger.Wilco
Roger.Wilco
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Thankyou very much Stevelup!

I've had the same problem as Runways, installed the script and it worked flawlessly.

This keyboard makes the difference!

R 44 II from Italy
Max_UK
Max_UK
Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.4K reputation)
Steve,
Excellent post & thanks for your hard work.
Tried it on my 480 x 272  4.3" diplay & all worked as intended, (but obviously too large).
Will install it on a friends 800 x 480 5" gps hopefully next week.
I then tried adding the "LargeKB.dll" from Miopocket (Credits to Osprey), & that gave a large keyboard for the lower resolution devices.
It only involves adding the "LargeKB.dll" to the Sip folder & adding one extra line in the "SkyDemonLaunch.mscr"

Copy("\SDMMC\SIP\LargeKB.dll", "\Windows\LargeKB.dll")

I've attached a screenshot below.

Regards,

Max.

Attachments
LargeKB.jpg (928 views, 35.00 KB)
Edited 5/29/2011 11:30:24 AM by Max_UK
stevelup
stevelup
The problem with using LargeKB on 480x272 devices is - as you can see from your screenshot - that it completely covers the search results.

I could, if there was demand, do a version of my keyboard which is targetted at 480x272 devices. There are many keys on LargeKB that are not needed - all that SD actually needs is 0-9, A-Z, Backspace and Enter.

Here's a simulation of how it would look. Note that we've saved almost 40% of screen real estate, yet the keys themselves are actually still the same size.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search