Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Finger Friendly SIP

Author
tikotka
Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everyone. I came across Skysip keyboard, and found it very useful also for boat navigation. But there is a problem with a missing "." (dot) and "," (comma) chars. It's quite important to have ".", or "," in order to input POI coordinates (fish spots for example) in some nav apps. Is it possible to add this functionality to Skysip in future? This should make the project highly flexible, and compatible with multiple nav applications.  

I have some experience in modyfing SIP keyboards and I know how to replace some of the characters in original skysip.dll with others (useful for my nav soft, f.e. "#" with "\" and so on), but I have to ask the Author - Stevelup for permission to do so. Of course I'll be glad to publish modified dll here (if someone wants to use it of course). 

Edited 1/24/2012 9:25:52 PM by tikotka
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi folks.

Following a hard disk crash, I lost my Windows CE build environment. Originally setting this up made me scream, cry, pull my fingernails out and repeatedly hit my head against a wall. It is the most complicated, disjointed and utterly unintuitive thing I've ever done. And frankly, even when it was working it sucked.

Thinking 'ah, well - I set it up OK last time, it can't possibly be as difficult this time' was way off the truth and I spent several more hours doing the above before giving up.

To that end, later today I will pop up a zip file with the source code for my SIP and anyone who wants to have a tinker with it is welcome. Just don't ask me how to get a working build environment set up...
tikotka
tikotka
Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)Too Much Forum (280 reputation)
stevelup (25/01/2012)
To that end, later today I will pop up a zip file with the source code for my SIP and anyone who wants to have a tinker with it is welcome. Just don't ask me how to get a working build environment set up...

Thank You Smile At the moment, I may post a keyboard with modified special symbols (as seen on the picture).

Attachments
klaaaw1.jpg (766 views, 47.00 KB)
Henny Joosten
Henny Joosten
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Hello Steve,
Today 2th aug I installed your files into a folder \SIP at the root of my SD card.
- After some trial and error I did rename both files SkyDemonLaunch.* to SkyDemon.*
- I'm using NavSwitcher so in NavSwitcher I changed the path to \SIP\SkyDemon.exe (just added the name of the dir).
- After these steps it was working under NavSwitcher and showed up with your beautyfull keyboard just as I needed.

So I hope you will read this (and all other users to help) and would like to thank you for all your effort to help people out!
So thanks again! (And the people of SkyDemon team for the best Navigation software I have ever seen!!)

Kind regards
Hendrik (NL/B)
wribeiro72
wribeiro72
Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)Too Much Forum (147 reputation)
Hi, guys! I downloaded and installed the 2.4.2 SD test on PC and downloaded on the iPad 2. Everything OK! Sensational software and the app!
Unfortunately, Brazil is not available in maps collection.
However, I installed in an automotive GPS (BAK 7001 - Windows CE NET 4.2 - 7 '- 480x234) but did not work. I´ve Installed on the memory card. When I try to open the SD, I get the message that the software is not found. The other software card run normally.
Any explanation for this? Does it work on CE NET 4.2 and 480 x 234?
Do you intend to include Brazil in the collection of maps?
Best regards from Brazil.
Runways
Runways
Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)Too Much Forum (36K reputation)
Hello Tim,
Any chance of re-attaching the above query to the right thread and letting the sender know so he can find the answer easily?
Many thanks to all the Team.

Very Newbytheway

DurhamTeaseAirport
Edited 9/9/2012 4:29:27 PM by Runways
TLearnC
TLearnC
Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)
tikotka (25/01/2012)
stevelup (25/01/2012)
Thank You Smile At the moment, I may post a keyboard with modified special symbols (as seen on the picture).

Did either of you ever post the items mentioned above? Either the source code or the modified keyboard would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
stevelup
stevelup
Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)Too Much Forum (70K reputation)
Unfortunately, the virtual machine that I used to build this project crashed and I haven't been able to recover it. I will try again on Monday.
TLearnC
TLearnC
Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)Too Much Forum (299 reputation)
stevelup (29/09/2012)
Unfortunately, the virtual machine that I used to build this project crashed and I haven't been able to recover it. I will try again on Monday.

Can I assume that you were not able to recover the VM?

tikotka added this post when you said you would post your source code:

tikotka (25/01/2012)Thank You Smile At the moment, I may post a keyboard with modified special symbols (as seen on the picture).

I have not been able to get tikotka respond. If tikotka was able to modify the keyboard, then the source code must exist somewhere else, right? Anyone know how to get in touch with tikotka?

stevelup
stevelup
Hi

No, sorry - it is lost forever. The hard disk that had the virtual machine on crashed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search