Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Suggestion: Keep aircraft and waypoints synced

Author
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
So if you make changes on one device it updates on any others.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
vfr-uk - 7/21/2019 10:18:04 AM

Save your changes to the Cloud and then download from the Cloud on your 'other' device.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

vfr-uk
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Sky Painter - 7/21/2019 11:04:46 AM
vfr-uk - 7/21/2019 10:18:04 AM

Save your changes to the Cloud and then download from the Cloud on your 'other' device.

If you make updates on one device and not another the only option is to save to cloud which will then replace on the other device. Certainly with waypoints. Even if you make a waypoint for a route, and open said route on another device the waypoints don't come with it.

So yes if you remember every time to download waypoints manually before adding new ones and then forcing back to the cloud it works, but an automatic sync would obviously be a lot nicer. Just one less thing to forget. Same for aircraft profiles. 

Could be optional of course but if you're using multiple devices auto sync* just makes everything easier.

*or perhaps semi-auto sync - ie popup "there are newer way points aircraft definitions would you like to update them on this device" 

Edited 7/21/2019 4:17:55 PM by vfr-uk
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Such a sync would be counter intuitive for my case, using two iPad for two totally different aircraft with their own very distinct characteristics. So, No, I object - an autosync would be bad and No, I don‘t want to purchase a subscription per aircraft!
Edited 7/21/2019 7:12:44 PM by MarkusM
vfr-uk
vfr-uk
As above, an *optional* auto-sync (for those not with your use case) Smile
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
I also work with several devices and it happened to me many times, that I lost waypoints or aircraft settings if i don’t immediately sync manually on all devices, thats a hassel and doesn't make sence.

PLEASE add Switches in setup for Auto-syncing of :

Routes, Waypoints, Aircrafts, Logs, General-Program-Favorites (did I forget something?)

than al folks will be happy. Thanks
b3nn0
b
Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)
I agree, that would be superb.
Often, after a flight, I tune my Profile some more. Of course I forget to sync to all devices. When planning my next flight, I notice that I now have two versions for the same Aircraft and don't remember which one the newer is. Auto-sync would be perfect to fix that.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
+1 for autosync
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
We would love to do automatic sync, but the rules need to be different for the different types of things you can save to the cloud in SkyDemon. We discussed at great length the notion of automatically syncing planned routes between devices this year, or last year, and there were too many factors against it. Instead we improved the user interface so that it solved many of the problems users wanted auto-sync of routes to solve.

Logs is something different, and I would be in favour of automatic backing up of logs to the cloud after a flight. We have seen some users protest against this due to privacy concerns, and in fact those concerns conceivably stretch to any automatic syncing of any data, so it would need to be optional.

I'm in favour of automatic syncing of settings, but even on this thread somebody has made a perfectly reasonable objection to the notion of this happening.

The automatic syncing of aircraft profiles when they are updated is a nice idea too, albeit it wouldn't update all your saved routes which use that profile.

User waypoints in general is a feature which is due for an overhaul, and I'd like to better integrate the cloud at that point. Suggestions are, as always, welcome.

emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
I repeat myself :

PLEASE add Switches in setup for Auto-syncing.
Than every user can decide which syncing-behavior he prefers.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search