Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon alert stops music playing on the iPad

Author
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Since newest version the sound behaviour of my iPad has changed.

Before, I could hear warnings from SkyDemon AND also listen to music from the iPad. The two sound sources were mixed together.
So I fed that combined sound via an audio cable from my iPad to the Audio IN of my Trig TY96 radio and in my Bose A20 headset, I could hear 3 different sources of sound : warnings from Skydemon, background music from my iPad and off course ATC in priority.  The music was much appreciated by the passengers. 
Life can be beautifull ;-))

Now since the newest version that has changed. :-(
If I have music playing in the background and SkyDemon sounds an alert, the music on my iPad stops playing.
The music also stops playing if a SkyDeomn timer goes off.

Can the previous functionality be restored in a way that alerts do not stop the music from playing as it was before ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Francis

Chris-TT
C
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
I had exactly the same problem yesterday with both the iPhone and iPad and Bluetooth connection to my BOSE A20’s. I’ve emailed support about it.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Please contact support about this. They can track the requirement, and help beta test a fix.
Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/28/2019 11:08:44 AM
Please contact support about this. They can track the requirement, and help beta test a fix.
As I cannot find any link to "Support" on the website, can you indicate me how to contact them ?
Thanks
Francis

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The big link at the top entitled "Help & Support" is a good place to start.
Francis
Francis
Tim Dawson - 3/1/2019 12:08:26 PM
The big link at the top entitled "Help & Support" is a good place to start.

That's exactly where I thought I would find a link to Support ...
But in the title of that page, there is no other reference to Support.
You explicitely wrote to contact "Support" about the issue ... so I was looking for "Support"
Could it be that you wanted to say : use the link "Contact SkyDemon" for support on this ?
To me (as not native english speaking) finding support is not obvious on your site, may I suggest to keep continuity in the reference with the title of the page and also mention "Support" in the link ?
Just a suggestion, thank you.
Regards
Francis

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search