Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Best soft ever &Taxi Facility

Author
c
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
O.K. Guys&Girls, I have been looking around, and I must say that, I have already bought like: Flite Deck VFR Mobile & Garmin Pilot and some others just to try. Honestly, SD still stands as the best of all. My only wish would be if SD could add, like Easy Taxi or Safe Taxi like the other concurrent etc.. I really wish that,and I know would be the best of all of aviation software at all. Hope very soon..
Cheers..
Erik Wachters
Erik Wachters
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
cocoroman - 7/3/2017 10:38:32 PM
O.K. Guys&Girls, I have been looking around, and I must say that, I have already bought like: Flite Deck VFR Mobile & Garmin Pilot and some others just to try. Honestly, SD still stands as the best of all. My only wish would be if SD could add, like Easy Taxi or Safe Taxi like the other concurrent etc.. I really wish that,and I know would be the best of all of aviation software at all. Hope very soon..Cheers..

+1

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Not being familiar with the other apps, what are Easy Taxi or Safe Taxi?

Tony‌‌
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Doesn't SD already provide this facility? If I land at an airfield for which I have a geo-referenced plate, the plate loads as I land and I can follow my progress along the runway and taxiways. Unless I've missed something, I can't see what further functionality I'm likely to need.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

cocoroman
c
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
Sky Painter - 7/4/2017 10:15:33 AM
Doesn't SD already provide this facility? If I land at an airfield for which I have a geo-referenced plate, the plate loads as I land and I can follow my progress along the runway and taxiways. Unless I've missed something, I can't see what further functionality I'm likely to need.

‌W‌ell I am Flying in Switzerland, I don't think we have that for Switzerland. Sure, there is a Geo-Referanced Approach charts and they really work very good. But we do not have any Geo-referanced Taxi facility which would automatically zoom in when you land etc. maybe for some other countries. Or I haven't downloaded at all? Maybe you can show me on the SD Store, I'll get it right away.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I'm not familiar with the other products mentioned but SkyDemon already has georeferenced airfield plates and (in some cases) vector airfield diagrams, both of which appear when you land and allow you to taxi around with reference to charted taxiways, holds, etc. I'm not sure what more we could do.
cocoroman
c
tnowak - 7/4/2017 7:08:51 AM
Not being familiar with the other apps, what are Easy Taxi or Safe Taxi?

Tony‌‌

Easy or Safe taxi has, Garmin Pilot and Flite Deck VFR Mobile and some others. Which will zoom in and show you, Whole Taxing area and will follow your Aircraft. You can setup your speed to activate on the ground etc. 

cocoroman
c
Sky Painter - 7/4/2017 10:15:33 AM

‌W‌ell I am Flying in Switzerland, I don't think we have that for Switzerland. Sure, there is a Geo-Referanced Approach charts and they really work very good. But we do not have any Geo-referanced Taxi facility which would automatically zoom in when you land etc. maybe for some other countries. Or I haven't downloaded at all? Maybe you can show me on the SD Store, I'll get it right away.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Perhaps you could give some examples of Swiss airfields routinely used by GA, where the ground layout is sufficiently complicated to require this? We can then look at what's available and advise.
cocoroman
c
I have a trial Flite Deck VFR Mobile, there are all the Geo-refereranced Plates and taxi facility, obviously they are all jeppesen Charts.
But you can really taxi right after landing, and this for whole Europe. Included every Plates Approaches and the moving Taxi ways. Like on the Charts. GA Switzerland has them published, but on the paper, which is the same on SD. You have to open it to have it as a Paper sheet for taxing. I was just proposing that, SD also had this after landing Taxi fascility like the others e.g. Garmin Pilot (only IFR Plates and Taxi charts for Europe). But Flite Deck VFR Mobile has it and it's really working fine. That was only my wish if you guys add this to your soft. I know it's a big work, but it will also make SD, Best ever Aviation Software for the Europe. And I personally think, it is worth it to try.
Cheers,

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search