Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Best soft ever &Taxi Facility

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Geohawk, it is very unwise to take a rejection of one personal idea as a rejection of contributions in general. I apologise if I have caused any hurt feelings. We get thousands of ideas written to us and I shouldn't really be on this forum posting answers myself (it's not my job), but I do. I do not have any reason to doubt my business acumen, though I appreciate your concern.

Mim‌‌brok, we have georeferenced the vast majority of airfield plates in Europe. If there are any remaining there is a chance that they were unsuitable for some reason, but please contact customer support by email (there's a form on our website) and they will be able to explain more, and double-check for you.
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
geohawk - 8/9/2017 2:28:23 AM
Would you be able  to use the vectors from OpenStreetMap?
They seem to have a lot of airport information vectorized already.

Hi,

I‌ had a look at 5 airfields I know quite well on OSM. 3 were wrongly represented. There is nothing wrong, since it's an opened/shared effort and airfield are not points of interest for most OSM contributors but I'm afraid it's not the quality we need, as pilots.

M‌‌

Serge
Serge
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Hi, I have just updated to the latest AIP in Switzerland and I have seen that the north and south appron ‌as georeferenced airfield diagrams have been removed?

i‌t was available before the update‌

T‌hanks
S‌erge ‌

Dema
Dema
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
In my opinion. after a year of discussion, the biggest lack of SkyDemon still present against the competitor, is the taxi/ground movement.Georeferenced plates, in my opinion, are not the final solution.
Edited 7/4/2018 10:56:20 AM by Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We are working continuously on mapping airfields but it is a large task, it takes time, and we prioritise the most popular airfields first. In the meantime we have more georeferenced ground charts than ever before, and there are from official sources and should be trusted.

If you prefer another piece of software, then use it. I will ask you not to come on this forum to suggest other people do though.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search