Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Best soft ever &Taxi Facility

Author
Mimbrok
Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good afternoon. It is possible to make aerodrome chart (georeferenced) at the airports of Spain.
LEIB. LEAL. LEVC. LEPA. LERS. LEBB. LEXJ. LEAS. LEVT. LELN. LEBG

Very thanks.

Sorry for my English
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)
Yes, we will work on those over the next few days.
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.5K reputation)

Hello,

For Belgium I suggest to use the "aerodrome ground mouvement chart" for geo referencing instead of "aerodrome chart" for EBFN, EBFS, EBBE in order to have the names of the taxiways.
Would it also be possible to foresee the arrival circuits of EBGB, EBCI, EBLG on the moving map (is already accessible via the geo approach chart except for EBGB) ?

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Jf‌‌‌‌‌ ‌ ‌‌
Dema
Dema
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Dear SkyDemon support.

I totally agree: SD is the most comfortable and complete navigation sw I tried (from many!).
I appreciated also the last improvement about the flight plan management.
Bravi! 👍

Few weeks ago I was thinking: it's a pitty that you cannot manage flight plan directly on SD.... Few weeks after... resolved!
That's means, that you are very close to the user needs. Bravi again!

Now, another functionality lack (on my mind) is related to "Ground navigation". When you are landing to an airfield you don't have time to switch or activate the different path and it's very difficult to figure out where are all vacation exits, taxiway, crossing, fuel station, parking and so on.
And it's difficult to remember all the info you receive from tower or ground if you don't have all the paths showed on the map.
The same when you leave the parking, via many taxiway and cross way, to the runway holding point, just before taking off.

I found this forum topic, in which I understand you are talking about exactly this "Ground movement" functionality.

Great!

You propose to use the "aerodrome platea" (georeferenced) as a support for the ground movement. Ok.
But what I was thinking is little different and more user friendly.
Each plate from each country is designed on its way, different from one to another, you have to download (and to buy IT before).
Many are designed in light gray (eg: Italy), impossible to read on the display....
Many of them are not so easy to understand.
In some aerodrome plates, there are too much information and you cannot concentrate to the useful info you need to taxi.

I propose to evaluate a different approach to the Ground movement support.
First of all only the essential info (vacating exit, taxiway, runway, crossing, holding point, parking, fuel station..).
All other info are not important when you are taxiing.
Second: all airfields with the same "graphical representation", DIRECTLY on the map.
Third: zoom-in and zoom-out automatically and automatically activated/deactivated in relation to speed (you are taxing or taking off/landing).
The reference SW is "Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck VFR". Did you already tried it during ground movement? It's completely another kind of support... (I don't say you have to do it on exact way, .. I'm sure you'll do better! 👍😊).

I remember you started to introduce such a kind of simplified ground movement management (eg: EGLK and some others). It was a good starting point, but to extend to ALL airports and in functionality.

I understand this is not a light upgrade... This is a completely redesign to the Ground Movement function.
But believe me: this is now the biggest (and may be the only one, on my mind) weakness of SD sw against the others...

I suppose other guys on this forum (may be not in the right way...😏) are trying to suggest...

I'm sure it could be another big improvement of your sw that let you maintain always competitive...

Hoping you can thinking about it and considering it strategic for the continuous success of your product.
Personally, I prefer to wait for it, but receiving a very useful and supporting functionality, as you are able to do...

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards and Good Job! 😊

Andrea Demarchi

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)SkyDemon Team (635K reputation)
Out of interest, how much would you be willing to pay, in order for us to produce vector maps of all airfields in Europe in the way you suggest?
geohawk
geohawk
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Tim,
Would you be able  to use the vectors from OpenStreetMap?
They seem to have a lot of airport information vectorized already.

geohawk
geohawk
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/7/2017 11:00:17 AM
Out of interest, how much would you be willing to pay, in order for us to produce vector maps of all airfields in Europe in the way you suggest?

Oh, I would pay 20 a year more for the Taxi option.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We can only include aeronautical information if we have assurances of the quality that OpenStreetMap simply cannot provide.
geohawk
geohawk
Tim Dawson - 8/7/2017 11:00:17 AM

Oh, I would pay 20 a year more for the Taxi option.
Tim Dawson - 8/10/2017 2:20:50 PM
We can only include aeronautical information if we have assurances of the quality that OpenStreetMap simply cannot provide.

Tim, I can see that you're a decent programmer (or have some) by the product you've created, but I'm not too sure about your business acumen. The way you treat people in the very forums you've designed to funnel their ideas (valuable IP) into your product, is notorious.

I appreciate the brevity of your answers, but I can't understand the reasoning behind such curt replies to well-intended suggestions and comments.
Your replies don't encourage continued dialog, or communal discussion. 

Despite your quick gun-down of this suggestion, I'll still present my idea, just so you know that my response isn't predicated on being rejected. 

‌The idea wasn't to 1:1 OSM's data. It was to use their vectors, in addition to a QA/QC process to ensure that their data *is* high quality, and ratifying it, where necessary.

Being a mapping professional mysefl, this idea comes from years of dealing with projection, scale, accuracy, fidelity and repeatability issues.

‌So, in the end, the hint I receive is to stop posting valuable considerations.
No need for response to this comment, as it is my last on your forums.

Thanks for the great product, no complaints about the work you've done.

Mimbrok
Mimbrok
Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)
Mimbrok - 7/25/2017 1:36:42 PM
Good afternoon. It is possible to make aerodrome chart (georeferenced) at the airports of Spain. LEIB. LEAL. LEVC. LEPA. LERS. LEBB. LEXJ. LEAS. LEVT. LELN. LEBGVery thanks. Sorry for my English

Thank you very much for the work done. You´ve even put more airports than i tould you. however, the irport is missing LEAL Y LEPA.
later, you can add these airports? LEVX, LEZL,LEGE

‌‌
Best regards‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search