Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Colour and size of traffic

Author
p
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
‌I'am using latest SD with Stratux as FLARM device on an iPad mini and can see all traffic around me. But the icons of the planes are in white and a little bit too small. It would be nice to have the possibility to change these settings like the icon of the chosen icon for the type of aircraft itself.

‌Thanks you in advance.

‌Kind regards

‌Stefan
Edited 1/13/2017 12:38:28 AM by piperpa28
piperpa28
p
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)

‌Here is picture to clarify what i mean

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I will move this to the suggestions forum to see if others think it's a good idea to be able to change the size of the icons used for other traffic.
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
I'd like the option to have TCAS-like symbols and text instead of the little images which can be hard to spot against the chart. Another option might be an insert traffic display a bit like the HSI when seated on-screen.
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/13/2017 10:46:05 AM
I will move this to the suggestions forum to see if others think it's a good idea to be able to change the size of the icons used for other traffic.

I fully support Stefan's suggestion. At minimum I would welcome the possibility to change size and color of the traffic. I haven't seen any pure Mode S traffic yet (I just recently changed my TRX-2000 settings to also transmit non-directional traffic via Air Connect to SD) and wonder how this currently implemented (is it like the white circle in Stefan's screenshot?). Therefore an HSI like traffic display may be useful as as an option, displaying non directional traffic also as a circle.

‌These suggestions anyway depend on the traffic detection device and whether it has it's own display or not.

Edited 1/15/2017 2:07:06 PM by TouchTheSky
Sfera72
Sfera72
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
I also think, that it‘s important to change the color and size of traffic. Please make it possible.
Peer
Peer
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Very good Idea!!!
What about changing color and size depending on the distance to the target, if it is not to much work to code it?

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Yes, I second Peer’s idea.

And Tim, please let us customise the script near the white circle (relative altitude). When I was flying yesterday I found myself head down in the cockpit searching for the numbers near the circle. Sometimes there is no chance seeing it while the circle increases and decreases its diameter every 1-2 seconds.

Thank you.

Eric

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
I am in principle fine with current sizes. As long as a target is not a threat, I really don't want it to clutter the map. When it comes into eyeball reach I want to get it on the map and change color and yes, threats could be a bit bigger on some of the tablets (but definitely not at all).
C401
C401
Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)
Would love to be able to configure it to be similar/the same as TCAS type indicators ie hollow/filled white diamonds, yellow circles and red squares depending on relative distance/altitude.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search