Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skyguide Swiss VFR Manual - missing documents and typo

Author
acassata
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello SD team,

Currently, I have a paper version of the Swiss VFR Manual and I subscribed to your version. Unfortunately, there are several missing documents. If you do not fix this problem in 2 weeks, I will need to pay for a renewal of my Skyguide subscription and my satisfaction about your support will be less and I might choose to not renew the subscription to your products.

The following documents are missing:
- all SUPs, i.e. 002/14 (RAC 5-2 SUPPLEMENT pages from 1 to 4), 004/14 (RAC 5-4 SUPPLEMENT pages 1 and 2), 001/15 (RAC 5-1 SUPPLEMENT pages 1 and 2), 002/15 (RAC 5-5 pages from 1 to 6)
- AGA 3-3 APP 1
- RAC 4-0-0-3 and RAC 4-0-0-4 (RAC 4-0-0 stops at page 2, the pages 3 and 4 are missing)
- Leysin heliport (LSXY): Visual Approach Chart LSXY HEL 1
- Schaffhausen aerodrome (LSPF): Visual Approach Chart LSPF VAC 4
- Untervaz heliport (LSXU): Visual APCH(DEP Chart LSXU HEL 3

There is a typo :
- Heliport LSXA, replace the name Tsvasana by Tavanasa

Alexandre
Based at LSGL (Lausanne - La Blécherette, in Switzerland)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thank you for pointing out the apparent omission of certain documents from those plates as delivered by SkyDemon. We will look into it.

There is no need to threaten not to renew your subscription; it doesn't take words like that to cause us to investigate.
Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Acassata,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have investigated this matter and have the following comments to make.

Firstly, we tend not to publish SUP documents as plates, since while they are often useful documents to read, they are not persistent in the way that airfield information is. However, we could reconsider this policy... Please tell me, in your experience, is it common for certain critical information to be promulgated in the Skyguide SUPs that is not promulgated in the national AIP SUP and highlighted by NOTAM?

Moving onward, I completely uphold your complaint that certain documents were missing, and I have just published an immediate update that now includes the (non-SUP) items you mentioned. Of these documents, my investigation revealed that the RAC 400 PRE00 missing pages 3 and 4 were definitely due to an error by me when I updated the documents in December 2013. For this, I apologise unreservedly. For the other documents you mentioned, I believe that I have identified the issue that caused them to be omitted and it should not be a problem moving forward.

The typo error for LXSA is definitely an error in our raw airfield data, and this will be solved in the next AIRAC update (10th December)

acassata
acassata
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
I checked the missing non-SUP documents and they are perfectly recovered.

For the SUP, I remind that Skyguide publishes the official national AIP, thus the SUP which I am talking about are inserted in the official national AIP.

The SUP 001/15 concerns avalanche firings. It cancels SUP 001/15. It is effective from 08 JAN 2015 and valid to estimated 31 MAY 2016. It contains a list of firings zones and a related chart. The current information are available calling KOSIF. I think the fire decision always comes to late to be inserted in DABS (Daily Airspace Bulletin Switzerland) and/or the height is not greater than 250m.

The SUP 002/14 concerns test flight activity outside CTR Emmen. It cancels SUP 004/11. It was published on 03 APR 2014 and valid from 10 MAY 2011 (start activity) to 31 DEC 2015. It describes the risk of unexpected ACAS (Airborne Collision Avoidance System) interaction. The daily activity is available from Emmen TWR.

The SUP 004/14 concerns change of availability of airport slots at LSZH. It was published on 13 NOV 2014 and valid until further notice. It describes the adjustment of the availability of VFR airport-slots.

THE SUP 002/15 concerns tempo restricted area LS-R39A-E test flight areas for PC-24. It was published on 28 MAY 2015 and valid to 31 MAR 2016. The activation hours are published by NOTAM and DABS, but the detailed restrictions are only in this SUP.

We can see that these temporary SUP documents are sometimes valid for very long periods (several years) and the avalanche firings seem to be renew every years. Most of the SUP are not reported by NOTAM and the possible NOTAM may not contain all the details like SUP 002/15.
For those reasons, I consider that it is important to provide the supplements with the rest of the AIP. Otherwise I must pay a complete subscription to have a few SUP documents. In Switzerland, there is no free AIP.

Alexandre

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We do have the SUP from the Swiss AIP already in SkyDemon. There are currently four of them. Are these different, then?
acassata
acassata
Yes, they are. The Swiss AIP is only intended for IFR.
Skyguide as two types of official AIP (see https://www.skyguide.ch/en/services/aim-services/shop/catalogue/?categories_id[0]=3&tx_multishop_pi1[page_section]=products_listing&cHash=611e187499925544b75ef4242eb32ac4):
- AIP (IFR) for IFR. It is the free one in SkyDemon, which you call Swiss AIP.
- VFR Manual for VFR. It is the offical AIP for VFR, the one with additional subscription in SkyDemon.
Looking carefully, we see that the AIP (IFR) SUP 004/2015 has the same content as VFR Manual SUP 002/15. The presentation is slightly different. The VFR Manual contains text in English and at least in a national language. Unfortunately it is the only one which applies to IFR and VFR:
- Avalanche firings should be at low height and outside controlled airspaces, thus only for VFR
- Test flight activity outside CTR Emmen is at 3000ft AMSL in airspace G (height less than 2000 ft), thus only for VFR
- Change of availability of airport slots at LSZH concerns only VFR slots, thus only for VFR

Alexandre

Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Acassata,

Following the discussion above, I have published the 4 active SUPs that I see in my data download from Skyguide (there are 2 more that will become active on the 10th December, but I will publish those on that date) and I see that their numbers match perfectly with those which you expect to see, which is pleasing.

As we have gone through this process, my colleague suggested to me that the naming convention that I have used for non-airfield documents seems a little un-friendly, and we are considering whether or not to use the written titles of the document as a more friendly descriptor.  Is it the case that Swiss pilots would generally tend to refer to these document by their technical title as they are now (for example: "LS AGA 0000") or would it be preferable to use the documents friendly title, so "LS AGA 0000" would become "Civil Aerodromes"? Perhaps an amalgam of the two: "LS AGA 0000 (Civil Aerodromes)"? Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

acassata
acassata
Rob

Thank you very much ! The Swiss VFR Manual seems complete, except part VFR (see below for explanation). I am pleased with your support.

The part VFR is useless, except VFR from 13 to 17, which is the table of contents.
I do not think that the Swiss or foreigner pilots refer to VFR Manual documents by their technical reference. For me, it means something vague, because I know more or less what is in the different part, but I have no idea which number is what. For the SUP, the number does not mean anything, if we do not open it.
If you use the "friendly" document titles, the VFR from 13 to 17 become unnecessary (see problem below). Indeed, if I do not find something in the titles, I can check the VFR Guide (it is included in your VFR Manual). And, if I find nothing, I miss something or it is not in the VFR Manual.
I think an amalgam of the two seems to be the most convenient, but to do it you must split some PDFs and what you propose to do with the overlaps, e.g. have a look in VFR 13:
- Civil aerodromes ... VFR AGA 0-1/2
- Aerodromes without customs competences ... VR AGA 0-1/4
Another problem is for non-English speakers, since the titles will be in English. I remind the VFR Manual is in 4 languages: German, French, Italian and English.

In summary, the best solution is maybe to add the VFR part (at least the table of contents). You can try to make a best effort for an "amalgam", but you must keep at least the technical references to be in correspondence to the table of contents.

If you add the table of contents use at least "Table of Contents" in the name.

Alexandre

spot13
s
Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)Too Much Forum (103 reputation)
Hi there, just updated the skyguide swiss vfr manual in skydemon. As I still use the paper version too, I think in skydemon some docs valid from march 29 are missing. 
Can anybody advise. Thx
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search