Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skyguide Swiss VFR Manual - missing documents and typo

Author
acassata
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello SD team,

Currently, I have a paper version of the Swiss VFR Manual and I subscribed to your version. Unfortunately, there are several missing documents. If you do not fix this problem in 2 weeks, I will need to pay for a renewal of my Skyguide subscription and my satisfaction about your support will be less and I might choose to not renew the subscription to your products.

The following documents are missing:
- all SUPs, i.e. 002/14 (RAC 5-2 SUPPLEMENT pages from 1 to 4), 004/14 (RAC 5-4 SUPPLEMENT pages 1 and 2), 001/15 (RAC 5-1 SUPPLEMENT pages 1 and 2), 002/15 (RAC 5-5 pages from 1 to 6)
- AGA 3-3 APP 1
- RAC 4-0-0-3 and RAC 4-0-0-4 (RAC 4-0-0 stops at page 2, the pages 3 and 4 are missing)
- Leysin heliport (LSXY): Visual Approach Chart LSXY HEL 1
- Schaffhausen aerodrome (LSPF): Visual Approach Chart LSPF VAC 4
- Untervaz heliport (LSXU): Visual APCH(DEP Chart LSXU HEL 3

There is a typo :
- Heliport LSXA, replace the name Tsvasana by Tavanasa

Alexandre
Based at LSGL (Lausanne - La Blécherette, in Switzerland)

Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Acassata,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have investigated this matter and have the following comments to make.

Firstly, we tend not to publish SUP documents as plates, since while they are often useful documents to read, they are not persistent in the way that airfield information is. However, we could reconsider this policy... Please tell me, in your experience, is it common for certain critical information to be promulgated in the Skyguide SUPs that is not promulgated in the national AIP SUP and highlighted by NOTAM?

Moving onward, I completely uphold your complaint that certain documents were missing, and I have just published an immediate update that now includes the (non-SUP) items you mentioned. Of these documents, my investigation revealed that the RAC 400 PRE00 missing pages 3 and 4 were definitely due to an error by me when I updated the documents in December 2013. For this, I apologise unreservedly. For the other documents you mentioned, I believe that I have identified the issue that caused them to be omitted and it should not be a problem moving forward.

The typo error for LXSA is definitely an error in our raw airfield data, and this will be solved in the next AIRAC update (10th December)

Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Acassata,

Following the discussion above, I have published the 4 active SUPs that I see in my data download from Skyguide (there are 2 more that will become active on the 10th December, but I will publish those on that date) and I see that their numbers match perfectly with those which you expect to see, which is pleasing.

As we have gone through this process, my colleague suggested to me that the naming convention that I have used for non-airfield documents seems a little un-friendly, and we are considering whether or not to use the written titles of the document as a more friendly descriptor.  Is it the case that Swiss pilots would generally tend to refer to these document by their technical title as they are now (for example: "LS AGA 0000") or would it be preferable to use the documents friendly title, so "LS AGA 0000" would become "Civil Aerodromes"? Perhaps an amalgam of the two: "LS AGA 0000 (Civil Aerodromes)"? Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search