Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Advanced Scratchpad

Author
Cypox
Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)Too Much Forum (622 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, how about this? It could be useful!
http://ipadpilotnews.com/files/2015/02/scratchpad-atis600x800.png

radma011
radma011
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Where is this scratchpad from?

Other question to the scratchpad: Why is it not possible to access it when on the ground (clearance, ATIS etc.)?
Edited 10/29/2015 9:56:44 PM by radma011
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Quote from the SD manual:-

Scratchpad

This is a simple canvas which you can write or draw on with your finger to jot down quick notes. The contents of the canvas are retained until the app is closed and restarted or until you manually clear it. In the iOS and Android apps the scratchpad can be accessed easily from the main menu when you're in Go Flying mode and contains multiple pages that can be scrolled through using the 'Next Page' buttons.
Tip: To quickly access the scratchpad swipe your finger from right to left across the Virtual Radar at the bottom of the screen.

Clearly, the Scratchpad is designed to be used in flight only so, ipso facto, you have to be in flying/simulation mode for it to be available.

You might also want to check the following topics:-

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic15751.aspx#bm15782
http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic15859.aspx#bm15873

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

spaltchr
s
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Cypox - 10/26/2015 3:43:31 PM
Hello, how about this? It could be useful!
http://ipadpilotnews.com/files/2015/02/scratchpad-atis600x800.png

@Tim Dawson: Would there be a possibility to add a layout for ATIS to the scratchpad?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I don't understand. Do you mean, just some guidelines drawn in the background so you can write things down inside them instead of freehand?
C401
C401
Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)Too Much Forum (643 reputation)
Since there was never any reply to this, I thought I would bump rather than creating a new thread.

I am increasingly moving away from paper in the cockpit, and have managed to make Skydemon work for most things. I would love to see a weather preset for the scratchpad to copy the ATIS down. I am not very neat at writing with my finger tip, so the less I have to write the better and since weather/ATIS is something I imagine a large amount of people get at least once per flight, I think it would be very useful.

Maybe something like having a 'Wx' or 'ATIS' button at the top of the scratchpad page would allow a template/guidelines to appear to copy down the common UK/European ATIS data?

Johannes B.
J
Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)Too Much Forum (260 reputation)
C401 - 1/2/2021 4:48:50 AM
Since there was never any reply to this, I thought I would bump rather than creating a new thread.

I am increasingly moving away from paper in the cockpit, and have managed to make Skydemon work for most things. I would love to see a weather preset for the scratchpad to copy the ATIS down. I am not very neat at writing with my finger tip, so the less I have to write the better and since weather/ATIS is something I imagine a large amount of people get at least once per flight, I think it would be very useful.

Maybe something like having a 'Wx' or 'ATIS' button at the top of the scratchpad page would allow a template/guidelines to appear to copy down the common UK/European ATIS data?

I would like to be able to choose from a few different layouts via a tab selection in the notepad function. These could be: standard / empty sheet, ATIS, CRAFT and Taxi / Takeoff.

YouTube channel
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Johannes B. - 1/2/2021 7:50:59 AM
C401 - 1/2/2021 4:48:50 AM

I would like to be able to choose from a few different layouts via a tab selection in the notepad function. These could be: standard / empty sheet, ATIS, CRAFT and Taxi / Takeoff.

There's been lots of threads on this but not much recently so I thought I would summarise a list of thing I'd like to see on Scratch Pad. Happy for Mods to split out into seperate threads to determine popularity:

1) Pagination
At the moment you can create new "pages" and there's a simple Next/Previous function. However you don't know how many pages there are. Might be nice to have an XofY shown....however an even better suggestion next...............

2) Templates & Tabbed Browsing
I would love to have the following "templates" available i.e. equivalent of paperlogs with placeholders for set text . 
Departure - to show a space for ICAO format ATIS, Taxi instructions & depature clearance as well as things like tacho readings
Arrival - to show a space for ICAO format ATIS, arrival and approach instructions as well as things like tacho readings

It would be really neat to have, rather than "previous/next", an option for "advacned pagination". So this would have tabs as follows

DEPTATURE....Enroute...+...ARRIVAL. 

The dep and arrival are static and singular. You then have an option to +add more enroute pages as needed and they're inserted in the middle.

3) Split view
It'll depend on your device, but for an iPAD in landscape, it would be really neat to have the scratch pad appear half-width with the map still showng as well....there's times where you are waiting on a clearance, writing quite a bit, or trying to find a waypoint as you're writing it down

4) Offline Storage
Are the notes stored after flight? As a minimum and to go 100% paperless, it would be great to keep the Depature and Arrival notes as that's where i log my tacho times. Furthermore, for some exams, in the debrief, you need to show the ability to "recreate" the instructions you received. it perverse that in the exams i use paper and then revert to scratchpad afterwards

5) Apple Pencil support
I think this is now available - but having an eraser option would be awesome

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Suggestion 1 is a good idea, we'll update the title to show how many pages there are. Suggestion 5 is already done, and has full Apple Pencil support which includes an eraser.

The other stuff is likely to be overkill for what is intended to be a simplistic notepad. However, have you used the Quick Notes function on newer iPads? It's a separate facility, part of the operating system, that can be brought up on top of any app such that you can still see the app behind. It's a dedicated note-taking function and may suit your needs better than SkyDemon's own scratchpad, particularly is persistence of the notes is desired.

marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/9/2022 10:11:53 AM
Suggestion 1 is a good idea, we'll update the title to show how many pages there are. Suggestion 5 is already done, and has full Apple Pencil support which includes an eraser.

The other stuff is likely to be overkill for what is intended to be a simplistic notepad. However, have you used the Quick Notes function on newer iPads? It's a separate facility, part of the operating system, that can be brought up on top of any app such that you can still see the app behind. It's a dedicated note-taking function and may suit your needs better than SkyDemon's own scratchpad, particularly is persistence of the notes is desired.

I'm still on an older IOS./device but i'll have a play with and report back if it fills the gaps for points 2-4. Cheers 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search