Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Advanced Scratchpad

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Annoyingly, QuickNote is not available on iPad Mini4.

It does seem quick note would address some of the things I mentioned below (persistence and split view).

However is there any equivalent for Android to keep those weirdos happy too?

I think the only thing that’d be good is to consider scratchpad only swiping half the screen and to cater for left/right handed use.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Could you elaborate on those two points please? I don't understand.
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/11/2022 9:03:22 AM
Could you elaborate on those two points please? I don't understand.

I assume you mean "I think the only thing that’d be good is to consider scratchpad only swiping half the screen and to cater for left/right handed use."

Just from an ergonomics point of view, as a right-hander*, i only use the right hand side of the scratch pad. It would also be nice to have the scratch-pad on screen, ready to go, but still see the map. So what i was thinking was:
if you swipe right to left, you get a scratchpad half width on the right half (with option to go with full width)
if you swipe left to rigjy, you get a scratchpad half width on the left half (with option to go with full width)

*reverser everything for a left-hander

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
marioair - 5/10/2022 8:24:17 PM
Annoyingly, QuickNote is not available on iPad Mini4.

It does seem quick note would address some of the things I mentioned below (persistence and split view).

However is there any equivalent for Android to keep those weirdos happy too?

I think the only thing that’d be good is to consider scratchpad only swiping half the screen and to cater for left/right handed use.

...is there any equivalent for Android to keep those weirdos happy too?
Yes, there is. As I have posted previously, it is called Simpleaf and is available on the Play Store. It has a transparency mode so that it can be opened on top of the chart and still see the chart through it and it can be set up to open by dragging down from the notification area. It has pagination, two pen colours, adjustable pen thickness, an eraser, and a background grid (optional in settings) and notes persist until you decide to delete them. The one thing it doesn't have, unfortunately, is palm rejection. Otherwise a useful tool.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Edited 5/11/2022 10:49:08 AM by Sky Painter
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks for clarifying. We'll consider all of these things of course, but I want to make clear that our goal in the SkyDemon scratchpad is simplicity, with more avid note-takers using either built-in operating system note functionality or a third-party app for Android as suggested above.
marioair
m
Tim Dawson - 5/12/2022 9:50:05 AM
Thanks for clarifying. We'll consider all of these things of course, but I want to make clear that our goal in the SkyDemon scratchpad is simplicity, with more avid note-takers using either built-in operating system note functionality or a third-party app for Android as suggested above.

Tim - thanks. yes it feels like QuickNotes and SimpleLeaf might be better solution, for those on newer OS's. Welcome other people's view on whether they scratch the itches i've flagged as i can justify a tablet upgrade just for note taking :-) 

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
marioair - 5/12/2022 9:56:28 AM

Tim - thanks. yes it feels like QuickNotes and SimpleLeaf might be better solution, for those on newer OS's. Welcome other people's view on whether they scratch the itches i've flagged as i can justify a tablet upgrade just for note taking :-) 

Simpleaf (note the spelling) might be available for iOS, but not being an iOS user, I just don't know. It might be worth checking on the App Store.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

marioair
m
Sky Painter - 5/12/2022 11:19:57 AM

Simpleaf (note the spelling) might be available for iOS, but not being an iOS user, I just don't know. It might be worth checking on the App Store.

I don't believe it is. 

The compelling thing about QuickNote is that its not just an App but its part of the IOS operatring system. speficically

a) a swipe gesture brings up the notes (rather an switching to a 3rd party app)
b) once open you can "minimise" it and its still available from "within" skydemon with another swipe
c) it looks like it'll over the top of SD 

Of course i cant run it on the hardware i have to say for sure.
but if there's a similar app for IOS happy to have a try

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
marioair - 5/12/2022 11:25:11 AM
Sky Painter - 5/12/2022 11:19:57 AM

I don't believe it is. 

The compelling thing about QuickNote is that its not just an App but its part of the IOS operatring system. speficically

a) a swipe gesture brings up the notes (rather an switching to a 3rd party app)
b) once open you can "minimise" it and its still available from "within" skydemon with another swipe
c) it looks like it'll over the top of SD 

Of course i cant run it on the hardware i have to say for sure.
but if there's a similar app for IOS happy to have a try

Simpleaf can be opened  on top of SD in translucent mode so that you can still see the SD chart whilst making notes and it can be minimised to run in the background with one tap and maximised again with one tap.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

marioair
m
Yes but it’s not available on iOS
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search