Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Scratchpad

Author
RussellS
Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I think this may have been covered before, but I couldn't see a final result.

Is there a way to save the scratchpad pages after flight?

As I write down takeoff times etc on it it'd be good to be able to reference these after flight some time in the future.

Just as an aside I have read that Foreflight now has taken their scratchpad one step further by having templates for things like ATIS etc. Nice idea.
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Screenshot?
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
The main problem is that it is currently only possible to access the scratchpad in flight. It only makes sense to save the scratchpad contents for later access, if access other than in flight only is made possible. That's why I tend to use the Simpleaf app for items such as take of and landing times, which I will need later, and I only use SD's native scratchpad for in flight items, such as squawk codes, regional pressure settings etc.

Perhaps this is an enhancement that the SD development might like to consider. Tim?

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Pete
Pete
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
Take off and landing times are in the log.
Edited 5/18/2015 6:01:17 PM by Pete
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Sorry. I didn't make myself clear. For T/O and L/G times, read Hobbs/Tacho Start and Hobbs/Tacho Finish

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Pete
Pete
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
OK.... But why not print out the plog and write on that, I find it much easier than messing around with button presses.
....And it gives me a hard copy with all the info I need.
SD is a brilliant nav tool, but check lists and scribbling pad is a step to far IMHO

The KISS principle! :-)
Edited 5/18/2015 11:00:22 PM by Pete
RussellS
RussellS
Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)Too Much Forum (467 reputation)
I don't do paper. That's why I'm using an iPad!

Also switching between apps is daft when the facility exists in th app already.

It should be easy to be able to save the scratchpad pages (and plog) after flight, after all you can save the planned routes etc.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Nine times out of ten, my flights are planned whilst at the airfield, where there are no printing facilities.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
The Scratchpad is intended to be for in-flight note taking. If you want to switch back to it briefly once you've landed, it's a couple of button presses. At present we do not see a very compelling reason to provide a special button for accessing it when in planning mode, or for saving its contents to permanent storage for posterity.
If you want to log engine time as well as flight time, SkyDemon can already do this as part of your flight log. Simply start the log manually, rather than letting SkyDemon start it automatically when it detects you have taken off. Then you can stop it manually after you have landed. The log start and stop time (as opposed to the flight start and stop time) can then be used for whatever you like; engine time is the most common.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search