Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PLOG planning without Wind

Author
Johann
Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I plan a route offline e.g. at an airfield (no network) all the date in the PLOG are prefect for me (IAS TrkT HdgM GS) because they are calculated without WIND PERFECT.

These values are usually my basics for the kneeboard to track the time/distance actual/planned. (no wind)

If i do the same route planning but having a network connection the actual wind is taken intor account and all the values
are based on the actual WIND.

Is there a possibility to change the calculation from values With WIND to values without WIND
at PLOG
with SD 3.0.3 android

regards Johann
Johann
Johann
Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)Too Much Forum (476 reputation)
Does nobuddy has an idea?

Regards Johann
nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
I don't quite follow why you want the no wind option, but that's your choice.

I can't think of any way of achieving what you want other than when doing your planning at an airfield with wifi connections, you could just set your device in the offline mode.
micromike
micromike
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
can you not just turn wind off in mapping at the top ? turns off on mine not sure if it takes it into account when planning when its off

Mike

Cheers Mike
Anything i say is my opinion you can take it or leave it
Johann
Johann
Thanks for you idea but none of them will work (may bee)

1. ... you could just set your device in the offline mode. If there was a calculation done online, afterward you switch to offline mode, the calculation with wind will stay, there is no way back
2. ...
an you not just turn wind off in mapping at the top ? Tell me more exact please.

3. The planing without wind is a good thing --> even Skydemon has the same opinion than me.
Proof of authententicity
?
Go to Sky Demon Plan--> Print center --> Pilot Log --> setting --> Perform wind calculations yes / no perfect.

So the question is, why do I not found this this good function in the SkyDemon for Android ?

Any ideas?

Regards Johann

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Weather -> Tools -> Set Enroute Wind Conditions.

In that window, you can set the wind to Zero for all legs if you wish.
micromike
micromike
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Doing that on android Tim it just crashes out of sky demon ?

Cheers Mike
Anything i say is my opinion you can take it or leave it
Johann
Johann
Dear SkyDemon Team

thanks for the instruction. That´s what I have been looking for ....

BUT the same problem as Junior Member also wrote before this is not working SkyDemon for Android 3.0.3.19499 crashes immediately

touching the Individual Legs or All Legs input field (even with the example 270/16)

Now I know how to do, but now I have the crash

Dear SkyDemon Team any ideas for the reason?

regards Johann
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We've just published a beta version of SkyDemon for Android 3.0.4 on to our Android page, this may help. The user interface has been substantially updated.
Johann
Johann
Thank´s SkyDemon team great that´s works perfect.

Super support I will advertise SD to my club member in EDQH

Regards Johann
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search