Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PLOG planning without Wind

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Can you check you're using the latest version of SkyDemon? If you're still having trouble, give us a call and talk us through the route you're trying so we can try to work out what's going wrong.
helicop
h
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
grahamb - 12/17/2023 6:51:36 PM
helicop - 12/17/2023 4:26:03 PM
Do we know why SkyDemon has started calculating Planned routes with 'zero wind'?  I have the wind enroute set to Auto, but every time I plan a route in the UK (yes whilst having an Internet connection) the Plog is not loading and calculating the Weather.  The weather tab reports, "Wind forecasts are not available for your journey, so zero wind has been assumed." and this is despite seeing current TAFs and METARs enroute in SkyDemon!

I also deleted and re-installed SkyDemon, but still the same issue; no wind in Plog for the planned route despite TAFs and METARs being available.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Check the date and time of the flight you are planning. It will only use forecast data for a time about 30 hours or so beyond the current time, outside that horizon it will assume zero wind.

Yeah i set it to today but still the weather doesn't pull through into the route planning mode. Still saying no forecasts despite current TAFs and METARs being visible in SkyDemon for the route. Zero wind still.assumed?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
helicop - 12/17/2023 4:26:03 PM
Do we know why SkyDemon has started calculating Planned routes with 'zero wind'?  I have the wind enroute set to Auto, but every time I plan a route in the UK (yes whilst having an Internet connection) the Plog is not loading and calculating the Weather.  The weather tab reports, "Wind forecasts are not available for your journey, so zero wind has been assumed." and this is despite seeing current TAFs and METARs enroute in SkyDemon!

I also deleted and re-installed SkyDemon, but still the same issue; no wind in Plog for the planned route despite TAFs and METARs being available.

Check the date and time of the flight you are planning. It will only use forecast data for a time about 30 hours or so beyond the current time, outside that horizon it will assume zero wind.

helicop
h
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)

Johann
Johann
Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)
Thank´s SkyDemon team great that´s works perfect.

Super support I will advertise SD to my club member in EDQH

Regards Johann
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)SkyDemon Team (636K reputation)
We've just published a beta version of SkyDemon for Android 3.0.4 on to our Android page, this may help. The user interface has been substantially updated.
Johann
Johann
Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)Too Much Forum (484 reputation)
Dear SkyDemon Team

thanks for the instruction. That´s what I have been looking for ....

BUT the same problem as Junior Member also wrote before this is not working SkyDemon for Android 3.0.3.19499 crashes immediately

touching the Individual Legs or All Legs input field (even with the example 270/16)

Now I know how to do, but now I have the crash

Dear SkyDemon Team any ideas for the reason?

regards Johann
micromike
micromike
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Doing that on android Tim it just crashes out of sky demon ?

Cheers Mike
Anything i say is my opinion you can take it or leave it
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Weather -> Tools -> Set Enroute Wind Conditions.

In that window, you can set the wind to Zero for all legs if you wish.
Johann
Johann
Thanks for you idea but none of them will work (may bee)

1. ... you could just set your device in the offline mode. If there was a calculation done online, afterward you switch to offline mode, the calculation with wind will stay, there is no way back
2. ...
an you not just turn wind off in mapping at the top ? Tell me more exact please.

3. The planing without wind is a good thing --> even Skydemon has the same opinion than me.
Proof of authententicity
?
Go to Sky Demon Plan--> Print center --> Pilot Log --> setting --> Perform wind calculations yes / no perfect.

So the question is, why do I not found this this good function in the SkyDemon for Android ?

Any ideas?

Regards Johann

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search