Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problem with Android Version 2.7.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4

Author
piogron
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Exactly as ngc6309 describe the problem.

Moreover when You are flying: When you are entering for example Danger Aera, when you click "Activity Information", when you has read the information, you can't return to the map. You can't get rid of pop-up as 'return' does nothing!
Edited 9/16/2013 5:19:22 PM by piogron
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
This is the new "Activity Information" feature which takes you to an external browser, is that correct?

If so, then I believe we have already located and fixed the issue that is affecting you and the fix will be in the next public release. We may be able to get you a beta release before then too.
OldDogNew
OldDogNew
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Tim, Do you think the fix will also solve the Plates issue and the other menu freeze problems? If so I'd be interested to try the beta version too. Thanks a lot.
piogron
piogron
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
I noticed one regularity, when my Samsung is vertical, there is no "Plate" bookmark, when is pop out, then I have to use Samsung button "return" which doesn't work in this case. I mean there is no place to click on the screen to get rid of the pop out, where the device is vertical.

When the screen is horizontal there is enough space and I've got the "Plate" bookmark on the left side and when I push "Plate" bookmark, there is OK. I can get rid of the pop out.

Sorry for my English, but I am not native speakerSmile
Edited 9/17/2013 10:02:42 PM by piogron
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
I can replicate this problem on my Android Samsung Galaxy S2 every time by performing the following sequence with SkyDemon in planning mode. (latest V2.7.2 of SkyDemon installed, Android 4.1.2)

1) Set the device in portrait mode.
2) Download all plates in the UK AIP and set plate 'Filtering' to display VFR and IFR plates
3) Press and hold on Newquay (EGHQ), select the airfield and then select 'Find Plates'. Others probably will do the same, but this is the one I'm testing.
5) Select any of the displayed plates in the list to view (in my case this launches Adobe Acrobat reader - not sure if this also applies to other PDF viewers?)
6) Press the phone 'Back' button to close the reader and return to SkyDemon.
7) The list of plates is now displayed again in SkyDemon and no action will now remove this list to return to the map. The 'back' button is inoperative. SkyDemon now has to be killed using a task manager, or the phone reset as there seems to be no way out of here!

I hope this helps to track down the problem. If I can be of any further assistance with debugging/testing let me know.

Simon.

[Edit] PS. I have checked this out on the Nexus 7 and the problem seems to be that on returning from the PDF viewer the Android BACK button is disabled. On the Nexus the Plates popup can be closed by touching the map behind, but on smaller devices in portrait mode the map behind is completely obscured by the Plates popup and this option is therefore not available and there is no way to close the popup.
Edited 9/21/2013 9:24:24 AM by srayne
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Just to confirm that the problem exists also in landscape view (I have SD also on a Galaxy S2 phone)

Guillermo
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I am almost certain that we have solved this problem. We will release a beta Android version next week for testing. Thanks all for letting us know and giving us steps to reproduce it.
piogron
piogron
One another thing. Yesterday I made flight from Poland to France, about 1000 NM. At home before departure I downloaded whole AIP base for Germany and France. AIP plates was avaiable when I had active internet connection.During flight I didn't have acces to the internet and plates was not avaiable for me. Fortunataly I had paper version. In the hotel when I established internet connection plates were avaiable again without downloading, they were with green background, so they were in memory of device.Did anybody experience such things.
Edited 9/25/2013 10:34:56 PM by piogron
piogron
piogron
One another thing.
Edited 9/25/2013 10:38:16 PM by piogron
OldDogNew
OldDogNew
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Hi, Just wondering how close we are to a solution? It seems like quite a few people are seeing this problem. Mainly it seems to occur with the Plates menu, but I also sometimes get it with other menus. Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search