SkyDemon Forums

Problem with Android Version 2.7.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic10244.aspx

By OldDogNew - 9/10/2013 1:06:10 PM

I have been using SD without major issues on my Galaxy S4 for a few months, but since yesterday when I upgraded to 2.7.2 there have been some problems. I have had to kill the app many times after it appears to get "stuck" on pop-up menus such as "Open Route from Cloud", "Find Plates", "TAF" (in particular finding weather for a particular airfield) and a few other cases. The behaviour is that everything appears to be working normally, but the menu doesn't disappear when the action (such as opening the route) is finished. The back button has no effect and I haven't found any solution other than using the Task Manager to kill SD. This never happened with the previous versions, so I assume it is connected with something that changed in the latest version. It is slightly weird because the problem seems intermittent i.e. sometimes it doesn't happen, and then all of a sudden it gets stuck doing something that has just worked a few minutes ago. I have tried uninstalling SD and reinstalling from scratch but it didn't make any difference. Has anyone else had similar issues, or am I just out of luck with the new version on the S4? In which case please would someone let me know how to revert to the previous version?
By OldDogNew - 10/21/2013 4:31:27 PM

I just got the latest version (3.0.0.24056) from Play Store and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks Tim.