Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Geo-referenced plates

Author
DavidC
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm still trying to figure out how these geo-referenced airfield plates work when in flight. I haven't bought a subscription to the Airfield Plates, just using the NATS AIP ones. I use a Windows CE device when in flight. Planning on my PC, sometimes on my iPad (but that's got issues which are a separate problem - see separate thread)

I've managed to call the plates up during the planning phase and they zoom in to the airfield at each end. But I still can't quite figure out how to switch to view these when in the circuit or on the ground during/after a flight. It would be nice to be able to toggle between normal map view and plate view.

Likewise, is there any documentation that explains how to call up and view approach plates, especially if you can toggle between map view and a plate easily. Does this only work on an iPad? I understand that you have to have downloaded the approach plates during the planning stage, these aren't all pre-downloaded in advance. I've achieved that separately using GoodReader and synching that to the AIP directory.

I've revisited and re-read the standard product documentation, which is pretty clear and well laid out for normal operations, but isn't clear enough for me on this feature.

--- CPL/IR/FI based in South of England
Biggles-EGKB
Biggles-EGKB
Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)Too Much Forum (9K reputation)
I've asked a similar question in another POST

http://www.skydemon.aero/forums/Topic8437.aspx

In order to have easy and quick access to geo-referenced plates it would be nice if SD did the switching.

Just a thought

Biggles -- EGKB
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
To call up a georeferenced plate, open the Plates tab and touch the yellow aircraft symbol on the plate you want. Simple as that. You can press it again to hide the plate if you no longer need it.
longfinals
longfinals
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Yes but there are very few that show circuit and VRP information on a plate. Just having a georeferenced diagram of the airfield layout isn't that much help. The lack of local area detail has always been a limitation for me with Pooleys which is why I have always preferred the Jepperson VFR plates.

Clearly the limitations of Pooleys is not your problem but it would be nice to have access to plates with more local area detail that can be integrated into SD.
RobinHood
RobinHood
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
Hi Tim,

every time I do that, SD changed the map orientation. Maybe I posted it in the wrong forum:
http://www.skydemon.aero/forums/Topic8908.aspx

Is this a bug?

regards,
Robin

Best regards,
Robin Seidelmann

secosu | Consulting & Support
Experts for ERP-Evaluation & ERP-Implementation projects in Europe

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Most people want to see airfield diagrams in north up orientation, that is why we change to north up when a georeferenced plate is opened.

If this change is not desired, you can touch the yellow arrow which should be at the edge of the screen, pointing to where your aircraft is. That will return the map to "follow mode" and should rotate it back to the orientation you selected.
RobinHood
RobinHood
Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.4K reputation)
Hi Tim,

thanks for the reply.
The tab on the yellow arrow doesn't work any more since the last update on iPad (now there a two layered arrows).
Since the last update the yellow arrow opens up the map layer menu. Pointing back to the aircraft isn't possible any more!

Maybe this is a bug in the lasted version?

Best regards,
Robin Seidelmann

secosu | Consulting & Support
Experts for ERP-Evaluation & ERP-Implementation projects in Europe

Edited 4/11/2013 12:40:03 PM by RobinHood
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
You are referring to the orange north indicator arrow.

I am talking about the yellow arrow which appears pointing to your aircraft, when the map is scrolled such that your aircraft is off the screen. Tapping on that arrow is how to make the chart revert to following the aircraft.
pioneer
pioneer
Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)Too Much Forum (89 reputation)
Good Morning

I have Motorola Xoom running Android 4.1.2 have a subscription to Skydemon and subscription to Poolys plates.

All running very well except unable to cache all the plates which can be done in Windows also when flying a route the destination airfield plate will not overlay or georeference, am I doing something wrong or has this not been implimented on Android.

If not implimented when can we expect it to be.

Thanks Brian
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The feature to download all plates in a purchased product is not in the current Android release but will be in the next release.

Georeferencing is not likely to become available in SkyDemon for Android for some time.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search