Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Autopilot + COM freq. over BT to RS232

Author
Joachim Gothe
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
vikino - 8/28/2024 12:25:15 PM

It works with iOS, tested with iPhone, iPad, as well Android devices, tablets, phones, 578 v3 without any single issue...
Is your 578 correctly configured? It can me configured via RS232 from PC...
Yesterday my perfekt working installation went crasy. :-(
The TRIO Pro Pilot only accepted the tracking Signal for a few 10 minutes. After resetting all in flight, the Autopilot tries to navigate me in the wrong direction. After another 10 minutes it lose again the Signal.
The route was a "Reversed" original Route (back from Helgoland to Hildesheim)(PH-CRJ in FR24)
I will try it again next week.
Achim

Kilo Lima
K
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Hi,

I’m wondering where you connect the 5v supply for the Bluetooth module in your aircraft?

Thanks!

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.5K reputation)
Joachim Gothe - 8/28/2024 1:46:20 PM
vikino - 8/28/2024 12:25:15 PM

It works with iOS, tested with iPhone, iPad, as well Android devices, tablets, phones, 578 v3 without any single issue...
Is your 578 correctly configured? It can me configured via RS232 from PC...
Yesterday my perfekt working installation went crasy. :-(
The TRIO Pro Pilot only accepted the tracking Signal for a few 10 minutes. After resetting all in flight, the Autopilot tries to navigate me in the wrong direction. After another 10 minutes it lose again the Signal.
The route was a "Reversed" original Route (back from Helgoland to Hildesheim)(PH-CRJ in FR24)
I will try it again next week.
Achim

Caveat all those who wish to hand over control of an aircraft to uncertified avionics and software running on consumer electronics devices.

Michael Hoffmann
Michael Hoffmann
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/28/2024 8:57:48 AM
Yes there is documentation out there. Search for Garmin GTR 225 installation manual and look for the PGRMC NMEA sentence.

Got it.
Thanks.

davemg
d
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)
I got a IRXON BT578 v3 and can connect to it with Skydemon. Tim, is it possible to make a change to allow both sending frequency to a radio and receiving GPS/Traffic using the same device?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)SkyDemon Team (640K reputation)
Maybe in the future. These things only cost around £15, so for the time being, just use more than one.
Joachim Gothe
Joachim Gothe
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
grahamb - 8/28/2024 5:10:57 PM

Caveat all those who wish to hand over control of an aircraft to uncertified avionics and software running on consumer electronics devices.
I have an uncertified engine and the uncertfied Version of the Garmin G5. My plane is an "Experimental"  homemade RV6. ;-) I always have to be prepared, that the engine fall of the plane....
That is why skydemon refers to Avionics Engineers.
and
That is why it's good to be a certified pilot.
Achim

I_Need_Help
I_Need_Help
Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)Too Much Forum (314 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/23/2024 9:30:52 AM
SkyDemon uses Bluetooth low energy (BLE). There's no pairing process, there's no SPP, it requires pretty much no configuration, so it's very easy.

BLE to RS232 has a defined service and characteristic UUID (one for each) which you should be able to find online.

Thanks Tim
aerobatics500
a
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
Hi, 

has anyone tested it with a TruTrak AP? It requires NMEA0183 format.

regards
Georg

PaulSS
P
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Since the Bluetooth to RS232 converter is accessed via SkyDemon, does that mean it is still possible to pair other devices with the Bluetooth function of an iPad? I'm thinking of something like sending the route to an autopilot (connected through SkyDemon) and having the iPad connected to a headset with Bluetooth connectivity (for SkyDemon audio) using the normal Bluetooth function.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search