Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Plan B

Author
josher
Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
we are constantly advised when planning a transit of controlled airspace to have a plan b if rejected.  I'm in the low and slow fraternity so most of my flying is fairly local and I can manage to hand fly around airspace if needed.  Would be more of a problem if this happened in unfamiliar territory.  Is there a plan b facility I am missing?  If not could one be created in the original flight planning ?  Say from the airspace entry point on the plan a.
Might save a few infringements!

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
josher - 8/10/2021 8:55:06 PM
we are constantly advised when planning a transit of controlled airspace to have a plan b if rejected.  I'm in the low and slow fraternity so most of my flying is fairly local and I can manage to hand fly around airspace if needed.  Would be more of a problem if this happened in unfamiliar territory.  Is there a plan b facility I am missing?  If not could one be created in the original flight planning ?  Say from the airspace entry point on the plan a.
Might save a few infringements!

Why not make Plan A the route around the airspace, and then if you get a transit approved, just fly direct to the exit point, using the ‘Take shortcut’ feature?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It's very straightforward in flight to either reroute your plan around some airspace, or (as someone else said) to take a shortcut through the airspace if you've originally planned around it.
josher
josher
Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)Too Much Forum (555 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/11/2021 10:00:52 AM
It's very straightforward in flight to either reroute your plan around some airspace, or (as someone else said) to take a shortcut through the airspace if you've originally planned around it.

Not straightforward in my set up.  I'm flying in an open cockpit with skydemon on a 6 inch phone screen.  I can  just about cope with a one touch plan b solution which might be the take short cut feature if I could find it.  Advice please.

As an aside I dicussed with others the desirebility of plan b  and noone mentioned the short cut possibility which is perhaps not widely appreciated

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
josher - 8/12/2021 2:25:29 PM
Tim Dawson - 8/11/2021 10:00:52 AM

Not straightforward in my set up.  I'm flying in an open cockpit with skydemon on a 6 inch phone screen.  I can  just about cope with a one touch plan b solution which might be the take short cut feature if I could find it.  Advice please.

As an aside I dicussed with others the desirebility of plan b  and noone mentioned the short cut possibility which is perhaps not widely appreciated

Press on the turning point you want to shortcut to, touch the waypoint name in the popup, and touch ‘Take Shortcut’ in the next popup.

Alternatively, bring up the PLOG by touching the Nav Text at the top of the chart, touch the waypoint you want to route to and select ‘Take Shortcut’ and close the PLOG. 

Try it in simulation mode and see which you prefer.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search