Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

CTA

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 7/2/2021 9:39:29 AM
Ok, we're going to try something in next week's chart update. The FMC areas will appear on the chart. Depending on what people think of it, we will either keep the new way or revert to the old way.

I thought that since the FMC zones are from SFC down to the lower vertical limit of the overflight controlled airspace, they might be similar to SFC CTR instead of pale pink, with a different pale color.

giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Ok, we're going to try something in next week's chart update. The FMC areas will appear on the chart. Depending on what people think of it, we will either keep the new way or revert to the old way.

From 15/07/2021 on the New AIRAC n.6 ,  we have new freq and new FMC area on Milano FIR.....
Look foward to see the update,
regards,
Gianni

This is new FMC Milano
This is new FMC Padova

giannisd
giannisd

Tim, today I saw the FMC maps, but there is a mistake: Is written as information: "Surface - FL195" . 
Is not correct, please read that on the top of each map, are clearly indicated the vertical limits:

Maybe is not good English but meaning for upper limit is:  lower vertical limit of the above controlled airspace 

Please correct at your convenience,

best regards,

Gianni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Gianni, we need a specific upper limit in SkyDemon for pieces of airspace, we cannot just write "lower vertical limit of above controlled airspace". We could potentially add a note, but we will wait and see.

We will either include the zones as they are, or remove them completely, depending on what people think of how we've done them.

giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 7/19/2021 9:57:30 AM
Gianni, we need a specific upper limit in SkyDemon for pieces of airspace, we cannot just write "lower vertical limit of above controlled airspace". We could potentially add a note, but we will wait and see.

We will either include the zones as they are, or remove them completely, depending on what people think of how we've done them.

Consider that there is no FMC area with un upper limit of FL195.
Reduce this limit for the "Automatic decluttering" as follow: Padova 5000 is an average that should work, Milano North West is under the TMA and CTA that are A class so 2500 is not exact but is acceptable, Milano North East again is under the TMA so same limits, Milano North is under CTA class D so 125 should be Ok, Roma (Sardinia) you can limit at 2500 since nobody care about FMC in that area.
But write, this is important, on "What's Here" when you tap on the screen : "Surface - Upper limit: lower vertical limit of above controlled airspace" and not "Surface - FL 195" because this is totally false.
Pilots will understand.....the important is to see the area on the map.
Is my suggestion....better than nothing and at least pilot can have an idea of the upper limits and where the FMC lateral limits are.
I leave up to you to decide the best.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Did you mean 125 when you said Milano North? I will talk to my colleague about what we can do here.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 7/20/2021 9:02:44 AM
Did you mean 125 when you said Milano North? I will talk to my colleague about what we can do here.

Yes the CTA base above is FL 125,  only a small area on the south of that FMC Milano North near the TMA is lower, but is known to everybody.
Look forward to see the results,
ciao,
Gianni

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search