Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pseudo ILS

Author
p
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 2/5/2021 10:09:50 AM
Why not post back here whatever you discover?

Didn't I just write that?

Sorry, to repeat myself, where do I find the threshold location data for a specific airfield? I know where to look at the custom data airfields, but did not find the data for the Skydemon fields at first search. The airfield tab approach information only shows the AIP coordinates.

Edited 2/7/2021 10:44:23 AM by pilot-byom
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Threshold coordinates are not viewable in text format inside SkyDemon itself.
Jockflyer
J
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Anyone using pseudo ILS is already pushing the boundaries of what Skydemon is intended for !!!!    If you need to shoot an ILS you should be using the instruments calibrated in the instrument panel ( assuming you are IR/IMC rated. )

Jock sub 70

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
pilot-byom - 2/5/2021 8:25:12 AM
grahamb - 2/4/2021 9:15:33 AM

In the AIP. Depending on the country concerned the may be shown on the aerodrome chart, but certainly should be in the text section. 

I am absolutely aware of the paper world. My question was regarding the data in Skydemon, where to find that data to see why it is not working as intended. I will check with my custom airfields on the next trip anyway and expect, following Tim Dawsons comment, that it pulls my threshold data from the custom data editor. If not, I'll be back for sure.

What did you find out?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search