Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Approach data as in Jeppesen MFD VFR

Author
s
Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello dear forum,
I've been flying with Skydemon for a while now, because Jeppesen MFD VFR has been taken off the market.

Unfortunately, I personally miss some important things. For example, at Friedrichshafen Airport (EDNY) there is no height information for the mandatory reporting points. Furthermore, the waiting round (holding pattern) is missing.

The parking lot for general aviation was also located at MFD VFR etc.

Due to the lack of such important features, the program is unfortunately not yet perfect. If Skydemon displayed the rounds etc. as in MFD VFR, many pilots would switch to this product.

LG from Austria

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Hi screen,

I was curious and found some georeferenced charts in SD:

I hope, this helps ;-)
Gerhard
screen
s
Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)Too Much Forum (61 reputation)
Gerhard66 - 4/10/2020 11:46:14 AM
Hi screen,I was curious and found some georeferenced charts in SD:I hope, this helps ;-)Gerhard

why can't you display this information directly on the map of skydemon. jeppesen mfd vfr could do that too !!!!

but it is important to label the entrances (A1, A2 etc.) at the top of the warehouse :-)

Edited 4/10/2020 12:11:22 PM by screen
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
What makes you think the VRPs at EDNY have a designated level associated with them? I can find nothing in the source data to indicate they do.
screen
s
Tim Dawson - 4/14/2020 9:00:18 AM
What makes you think the VRPs at EDNY have a designated level associated with them? I can find nothing in the source data to indicate they do.

This is a screenshot from Jeppesen MFD, here the heights of the mandatory reporting points and the holding company are already shown on the map. Unfortunately I do not have the AIP from Germany.

The last screenshot shows the taxiway with taxiways and so on

Edited 4/14/2020 5:32:22 PM by screen
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Your screenshots look like scanned, used paper charts.
Maybe, they’re outdated?

The latest official DFS chart indicates a maximum altitude of 3000 ft for approaches and departures.

Edited 4/14/2020 8:05:42 PM by Gerhard66
screen
s
Gerhard66 - 4/14/2020 8:03:24 PM
Your screenshots look like scanned, used paper charts.
Maybe, they’re outdated?

The latest official DFS chart indicates a maximum altitude of 3000 ft for approaches and departures.

Yes, it is a screenshot of a printout of the approach chart. The card is from Dec 2019.I am sure that if Skydemon would directly integrate the maps like Jeppesen MFD (approach maps and detailed airport maps), more pilots would buy SD !!

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
What was the price of an annual subscription to MFD, including all the VFR info and plates, compared with SD and the German VFR add-on?
screen
s
grahamb - 4/15/2020 1:42:48 PM
What was the price of an annual subscription to MFD, including all the VFR info and plates, compared with SD and the German VFR add-on?

All of Europe cost € 297 .-- including 3 days weather forecast, GAFOR and wind etc.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
screen - 4/15/2020 3:13:50 PM
[quote]
grahamb - 4/15/2020 1:42:48 PM

All of Europe cost € 297 .-- including 3 days weather forecast, GAFOR and wind etc.

If the altitude data you need is shown on the airfield plates and area charts that come in the DFS VFR add-in, then you've just saved over a €100 per year. You can get weather from lots of places these days.

Edited 4/15/2020 6:36:44 PM by grahamb
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search