Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PilotAware aircraft icon size

Author
HTB
Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)Too Much Forum (318 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Apologies if this has been raised before - tried searching without success.

I'm running PilotAware via Skydemon and have issues seeing the plotted aircraft on the screen amongst the other chart data.  My screen is either on my knee pad or on the instrument panel in an Autogyro.  I was wondering of we could have an option to increase the size of the PilotAware plotted aircraft in Skydemon and its altitude difference data (much like our own aircraft icon) or change its colour so it is more obvious and stands out in relation to the chart being plotted.  In short, I need a way of increasing the contrast between the PAW aircraft and chart.

Thanks,

H

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
There isn't a setting for changing the size or colour, though the size is proportional to the size of your own aircraft. The colour only changes if and when the other aircraft become close to you or become a threat.

Please note that the display of other aircraft on the map is NOT designed to aid collision avoidance. We have a dedicated traffic radar instrument for that, shown permanently in the bottom right corner of the screen on tablets and as an optional full-screen display on phones. In addition, SkyDemon is constantly monitoring the trajectories of other aircraft to see whether they present a threat and will show a big warning if a proximity alert is necessary.

Alastair Mutch
A
Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)
If I can ask for the same thing please?  An option to make other traffic displayed on the main map screen bigger.  It's useful for situational awareness and, currently, I find that other traffic get's lost in the general map details as the icons are a bit small for me.  This on a Samsung S3 tablet. so a reasonable sized screen. 

I see the reply about collision avoidance and the radar screen but I'd still like to be able to make them bigger on the main screen. 

Regards,
Alastair

screen
s
Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/10/2019 2:16:02 PM
There isn't a setting for changing the size or colour, though the size is proportional to the size of your own aircraft. The colour only changes if and when the other aircraft become close to you or become a threat.

Please note that the display of other aircraft on the map is NOT designed to aid collision avoidance. We have a dedicated traffic radar instrument for that, shown permanently in the bottom right corner of the screen on tablets and as an optional full-screen display on phones. In addition, SkyDemon is constantly monitoring the trajectories of other aircraft to see whether they present a threat and will show a big warning if a proximity alert is necessary.

How close must the other plane be so that the warning appears on the screen?

Edited 5/31/2020 6:39:01 PM by screen
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Alastair Mutch - 5/31/2020 3:13:24 PM
If I can ask for the same thing please?  An option to make other traffic displayed on the main map screen bigger.  It's useful for situational awareness and, currently, I find that other traffic get's lost in the general map details as the icons are a bit small for me.  This on a Samsung S3 tablet. so a reasonable sized screen. 

I see the reply about collision avoidance and the radar screen but I'd still like to be able to make them bigger on the main screen. 

Regards,
Alastair

I second Alastair’s request. One has to look very closely to spot the foreign aircraft.
Eric

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
It is very much by design that non-threatening aircraft are not very big. That means that on a busy day, you do not lose vital map detail because of large aircraft symbols covering it up.

Other aircraft that are close enough to be advised on by our verbal traffic information, or warned about (if they are very close indeed) are currently drawn in a different colour. We could consider temporarily enlarging such aircraft symbols if it were a popular demand.

Alastair Mutch
A
Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)Too Much Forum (66 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/1/2020 12:41:08 PM
It is very much by design that non-threatening aircraft are not very big. That means that on a busy day, you do not lose vital map detail because of large aircraft symbols covering it up.

Other aircraft that are close enough to be advised on by our verbal traffic information, or warned about (if they are very close indeed) are currently drawn in a different colour. We could consider temporarily enlarging such aircraft symbols if it were a popular demand.

Give us an option to make them bigger and let the user decide what suits them?  It's a waste of time having traffic on the map at the moment as the targets are very, very difficult to see when glancing at the screen.  ( I already have a flarm display that warns me of collision risk so it is just the SA I'm looking for. ). 

Alastair

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The SkyDemon traffic radar is for SA with regards to traffic. The icons on the map are for information only. We may change their size in the future dynamically, so we do not plan on offering an option to control their size. Bear in mind that their size is proportional to the size of your own aircraft icon, so you can increase that in order to increase them.
Merlin29
M
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
I would also like this to be looked at. I can't see + or - icon in front of the height unless I really look hard. I only want to glance at SD. So, is the aircraft +0.2 or -0.2. Useful to know where to look!!
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
It sounds like you'd benefit more from the size of the text being changed, rather than the size of the icon, is that correct?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search