Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PilotAware aircraft icon size

Author
M
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 6/12/2020 8:47:42 AM
It sounds like you'd benefit more from the size of the text being changed, rather than the size of the icon, is that correct?

Hi Tim, yes the text. Not the icon. And only the next for the relative separation e.g +0.2. Not to fussed about the aircraft reg text. Many thanks.
ChrisRowland
C
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)
If there's a threat then what I want to do is get my head outside looking for it, not peering at a screen.
So all I want is a rough idea of where to look.
So far I've had one real SkyEcho/SkyDemon alert and the beastly helicopter appeared in the horizon clutter slightly below me, just where SD said it was.
I'm not sure how SD could have given me more useful information.

willjohnh
willjohnh
Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)Too Much Forum (331 reputation)
Merlin29 - 6/12/2020 2:12:23 PM
Tim Dawson - 6/12/2020 8:47:42 AM
It sounds like you'd benefit more from the size of the text being changed, rather than the size of the icon, is that correct?

Hi Tim, yes the text. Not the icon. And only the next for the relative separation e.g +0.2. Not to fussed about the aircraft reg text. Many thanks.

I'd also request this. I think it is a question of text size and perhaps contrast against the background. I find the vertical separation is the most important info (if available). Less bothered about reg info but this is still useful especially if flying as part of a group. 

TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Apart from the text *size* it is may also be a matter of syntax used to denote vertical separation. I prefer to see relative altitude stated in "hundreds of feet", like normal TCAS systems would do. And like it is equally the conventional way to denote flight levels. So for example:

"80" for 8,000 FT
"3" for 300 FT

Doing it is "thousands of feet" just creates leading zeros and commata without meaning. Why say (for 300Ft) "+0.3", if you can just say "+3", etc. That would help decluttering the display. 

joey
joey
Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)Forum Member (45 reputation)
I would also like the option to display other aircraft more prominently (larger size, different color, stronger contrast, whatever).

Maverix
M
Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)Too Much Forum (227 reputation)
joey - 7/23/2020 8:09:25 PM
I would also like the option to display other aircraft more prominently (larger size, different color, stronger contrast, whatever).

Tim,

please make target icon and text size customizable!
Also the text size from bearingless targets. It's almost impossible to see the height of the bearingless target and the bearingless target is not shown on the radar screen.

Thanks.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I support the request to make the target icon and the associated text (at least altitude) more prominent.

As long as this info stays as small as it is, my head-down-time in the cockpit will be unnecessary long.

Eric

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search