Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FIR Boundaries Germany

Author
o
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The FIR-boundaries for Germany seem to be incorrect around EDDG. There might be other ares that have been subject to change.

The highlighted boundary does not exist anymore, everything north of it now is LANGEN INFORMATION 129.875, as it was south of the boundary. The eastern boundary of this area was extended north up to the next FIR: LANGEN INFORMATION 125.100.

Effect: If I plan a route from north of the old boundary, SD will give me the wrong initial FIR Frequency.

Edited 8/7/2019 10:58:18 AM by onkelmuetze
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
onkelmuetze - 8/7/2019 9:58:49 AM
The FIR-boundaries for Germany seem to be incorrect around EDDG. There might be other ares that have been subject to change.

The highlighted boundary does not exist anymore, everything north of it now is LANGEN INFORMATION 129.875, as it was south of the boundary. The eastern boundary of this area was extended north up to the next FIR: LANGEN INFORMATION 125.100.

Effect: If I plan a route from north of the old boundary, SD will give me the wrong initial FIR Frequency.

I agree, the FIS boundaries need to be changed in SkyDemon according to:

onkelmuetze
o
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
TouchTheSky - 8/12/2019 1:00:29 PM

That's not correct, there must have been another change before the publishement of the ICAO chart 2019. The chart you postet shows exactly the boundarys that you see in SD.

Edited 8/12/2019 1:57:07 PM by onkelmuetze
TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
onkelmuetze - 8/12/2019 1:55:13 PM
TouchTheSky - 8/12/2019 1:00:29 PM

That's not correct, there must have been another change before the publishement of the ICAO chart 2019. The chart you postet shows exactly the boundarys that you see in SD.

I see, but now I am completely confused. Please let me know if you know the solution.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I believe you started mistaking FIR boundaries for FIS (radio) boundaries.

Eric
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
FIR boundaries have not changed in Germany for a long time. FIS boundaries do change, and last changed in March 2019. SkyDemon has incorporated the changes of course.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search