Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Position report text is difficult to read in bright light - can I change it?

Author
Ramscroft
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

On the SD MD, when you touch the aircraft to get a position report, the text is sort of grey on grey (on my unit). This can be difficult to read if there is any reflected light from outside the cockpit, because the glare from external light makes the screen a similar grey colour.

However, on the iPad, I see that the position report is yellow on dark grey, which is easier to read.

Is there a way to change the text colour on SD mobile? Alternatively, Tim, could I request a change to make the position report more readable?

Ray
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
This is something we plan to address for the forthcoming 2.4 version. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Adrian Hatton
A
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/8/2012 5:31:44 PM
This is something we plan to address for the forthcoming 2.4 version. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Further to the above:

Touching the aircraft symbol on an iPad mini brings up the normal 'What's here?" box, whereas the same action brings the very useful back box with contrasting text showing current location on the iPhone.

Is there any way I can get the same tap-to-open current location box to show on the iPad as it does on the iPhone please, or perhaps an option for a better contrast/ increased text size in the top box - I ask as I find reading the yellow text at the screen top can be a problem in bright light conditions (v.3.12.7.187 on iPad mini in an RV7) and a clearer presentation of that information would a very useful option to have at times.

Kind regards
Adrian

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
This thread is seven years old and referred to a state of affairs which is no longer the state of affairs.

The position report is now shown permanently at the top of the screen. You cannot configure its colours, but the size of the text in there can be increased alongside the size of the instruments in general. Hopefully increasing the size of the text will address your problem.

Adrian Hatton
A
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/10/2019 9:12:35 AM
This thread is seven years old and referred to a state of affairs which is no longer the state of affairs.

The position report is now shown permanently at the top of the screen. You cannot configure its colours, but the size of the text in there can be increased alongside the size of the instruments in general. Hopefully increasing the size of the text will address your problem.

Thank you Tim,

I already have everything as bright and large as allowed - it is just that the yellow text is hard to read in bright sunlight in a low winged aircraft flying down-sun in central France.....

I just wondered if a similar feature the that on the SD for iPhone of tapping the aircraft to open a high contrast position report could be enabled for the iPad devices - sounds like it is not an available option though.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We'd certainly consider it if lots of people asked for such a thing. Have you played with the brightness settings on your device, as a first port of call?
Adrian Hatton
A
Tim Dawson - 7/15/2019 10:23:25 AM
We'd certainly consider it if lots of people asked for such a thing. Have you played with the brightness settings on your device, as a first port of call?

Thanks Tim,
Yes, everything turned up to max - but is no match for bright sunshine in a low winged aircraft like the RV7....

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search