Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
peter.kesten
Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hmmmm strange...
it really works here, eben in long term tests. I planed a lot of real flights in the meantime. Maybe you should give it a try with the „stable“ version 1.86 of winebottler. All other prefs like said. Is there any way to send you a PM?

Regards Peter
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
peter.kesten - 5/9/2019 9:18:07 PM
Hmmmm strange... it really works here, eben in long term tests. I planed a lot of real flights in the meantime. Maybe you should give it a try with the „stable“ version 1.86 of winebottler. All other prefs like said. Is there any way to send you a PM?Regards Peter

Unfortunately that's been my recent experience of Wine .... increasing inconsistency and instability, and then Mojave seems to decimate any remaining stability.  This is not just SD - I had been using Wine to wrap several windows apps. 
Until recently the effort required to keep things working was worth the benefit, but over the last year it's just too much effort for too little stability.

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
peter.kesten - 5/9/2019 9:18:07 PM
Hmmmm strange... it really works here, eben in long term tests. I planed a lot of real flights in the meantime. Maybe you should give it a try with the „stable“ version 1.86 of winebottler. All other prefs like said. Is there any way to send you a PM?Regards Peter

It seems to work with the 1.86 :-)
I will perform further testing and keep you posted.

peter.kesten
peter.kesten
Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)Too Much Forum (183 reputation)
Fine! Same, as said, for näme. Really NO troubles at all. Even the in-App-updating from the „last-1“ to the last version worked perfect.
Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Thanks to the guidelines of Peter, I have been able to make a version that is working on my iMac Late 2013 with High Sierra.

Please find here the link to download the package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nHQEjz9QqYsAd2K16XseNWoW1rcLCx75/view

The zip file contains the "Skydemon for Mac.app" that you have to copy to your "Application" folder.

This version seems to be stable. I encountered one or two crashes but nothing blocking the use of the application.
Please note that I already had that behavior on previous versions of Skydemon for Mac.

Good luck and have safe flights.

fzahn
f
Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)
Hi,

today I tried to install Skydemon on my Mac with Crossover 18.5 (current release). Installation went through without any problems and Skydemon seems to run perfectly. My Mac runs on Mojave .
For me this seems the way to go....

Regards,
Florian

Gourls
G
Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)
Cessnaoui - 5/12/2019 1:56:56 PM
Thanks to the guidelines of Peter, I have been able to make a version that is working on my iMac Late 2013 with High Sierra.

Please find here the link to download the package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nHQEjz9QqYsAd2K16XseNWoW1rcLCx75/view

The zip file contains the "Skydemon for Mac.app" that you have to copy to your "Application" folder.

This version seems to be stable. I encountered one or two crashes but nothing blocking the use of the application.
Please note that I already had that behavior on previous versions of Skydemon for Mac.

This worked a treat for me. I just downloaded the file opened it, placed it into my applications folder and ran it. I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Gourls - 5/20/2019 12:11:41 PM
Cessnaoui - 5/12/2019 1:56:56 PM

This worked a treat for me. I just downloaded the file opened it, placed it into my applications folder and ran it. I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.4

Good news ! 
Thank you for the feedback :-)

gratd
g
Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)Forum Member (26 reputation)
Works fine for me as well with Mojave 10.14.5

Skydemon indicates there is an update available. Can you run updates without losing the functioning Skydemon on the Mac?

peter.kesten
peter.kesten
Yes.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search