Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

8.33-kHz-spacing in Germany

Author
H
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!
Since most of the radio frequencies in Germany have already been changed by the 1st of January to comply with the 8.33-kHz-channel spacing requirements we have to use them right now.
Some of the new frequencies can be found here: http://www.aeroclub-nrw.de/wpaero/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1-1192-17_sig.pdf
Others are published by NOTAM only...
I downloaded the newest data today for SD but it seemes none of them were included in AIRAC 1801.
When can we expect to have them changed?
Thx in advance,
Björn
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Airfield frequency data in Germany is sourced directly from DFS, so as soon as the AIP data is changed you'll also see the SkyDemon data changed.
Hetzenauer
H
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Ok, thank you for your response.
Best, Björn
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
The AIP and NOTAMs are the only legally binding source of information about radio frequencies - if the AIP is not being updated and/or NOTAMs are not being issued when airfields change their frequency, surely this is the fault of the AIP maintainers, not SkyDemon? The best thing is for as many individual pilots as possible to register the errors with the relevant authorities so that they start doing their job properly. 
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That sounds like the kind of Germanic scaremongering that is unfortunately very prevalent in GA. It often seems to start with "from what I heard..."

The permanent source for frequency information is the AIP. If something has changed and the AIP hasn't yet been updated to reflect this, hopefully the change will be in a NOTAM, or perhaps in a SUP. SkyDemon gives pilots access to all of these. ‌‌

Hetzenauer
H
„the kind of Germanic scaremongering“
Ich weiß ja, dass er Engländer ist und durch die dortige Tagespresse noch Deftigeres gewohnt ist, aber als deutscher Kunde bin ich gerade ein wenig irritiert.
Naja, wahrscheinlich bin ich nur etwas zu empfindlich *schüttel*
;-)
Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
SemperFi - 1/6/2018 9:22:42 AM
[...] and call the fields in advance = back to the good ole days of talking.

I think this is the most important advice right now.

‌At "my" airfield, we received our new frequency allocation in November 2017. However, we are allowed to use the old frequency till April 26th. 
We decided to switch frequency on March 1st 2018, however this is published nowhere outside our local club information channels.

F‌urthermore, ‌‌while we forwarded the new frequencies to the ICAO map editorial office just in time, a lot of airfields were too late. So expect the 2018 ICAO maps frequency information to be useless.
Hartmut
Hartmut
Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)Too Much Forum (149 reputation)
I called the DFS and asked them how in the world someone should know of these new frequencies.
This switch has been scheduled for decades, yet there is no organised way of information transmission.
T‌he best way is to call FIS and ask them for advice, yet these frequencies can't be dialed in often with the spacing set to 8.33khz.

H‌owever, The DFS Manged to publish an update on the frequencies of most German small air fields:
https://www.dfs.de/dfs_homepage/de/Services/Customer%20Relations/Kundenbereich%20VFR/05.03.2018%20-%208,33%20kHz-Umstellung/AIC_VFR_02_18_15MAR2018.pdf

I‌t may require a user account , therefore I'll try to attach the file and the addendum.

G‌ood flights. If anyone has the new frequencies for the German FIS sectors to share, let me know‌
‌‌‌Since these frequencies had been published by such a late time, I don't think they'll make it into the printed maps. The official publishing date for those is‌ end of March.

I‌t is like last year when the Czech republic moved to the 8.33 channel spacing - no map had the new frequencies, only SKYDEMON was up tpo dat!
T‌hanks SKYDEMON , this is the way to go.‌
Attachments
AIC_VFR_02_18_15MAR2018.pdf (525 views, 454.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search