Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Please bring back Flight Details tab

Author
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Having played around today with 3.9 (iOS), I do miss the Flight Details tab for 1-click access.

I use it quite a lot not just for W&B but also to set aircraft, set takeoff time, view flight time (on iPhone, though this is now on main map like on iPad so not an issue), and set fuel. I guess this is more important when planning than in flight.
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I‌ second that.

I‌ did revert back to the previous version on all my devices. After a discussion with some fellow pilots who pinged me because they were confused (I'm the focal point for such usages in my flying club), I even wrote a document to explain everyone how to do the same.

M‌‌

‌‌
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I agree. I think that placing such fundamental route parameters such as which aircraft profile you will use, date/time of flight, weight and balance and fuel calcs two levels down is a backward step.

Worse are the inconsistencies in workflow. Changing some details leaves you in the Flight Details pop up, whereas entering fuel takes you back to the ‘Route’ pop up and completing W&B kicks you out completely!

Also, you now have to go to the Plog to see the flight duration and ETA, whereas previously they were directly visible under the entered date/time.
Edited 12/16/2017 5:59:08 AM by grahamb
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Yes, +1 for that!

I  think this might have been a step in the wrong direction.‌‌

-- Chris.‌‌

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I‘d like to see the Flight Details tab back, too.

Eric
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
[quote]
grahamb - 12/16/2017 5:59:08 AM
Worse are the inconsistencies in workflow. Changing some details leaves you in the Flight Details pop up, whereas entering fuel takes you back to the ‘Route’ pop up and completing W&B kicks you out completely!

Yes, before this version, I was able to plan a complete (and even complex) flight using only the map and the tabs. It's now totally impossible and information is just broke up into several inconsistent part of the UI.

M‌‌

derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
+1
Flight planning work flow was much more consistent with the Flight Details tab. Also I already stumbled over two bugs in this new version (both are already reported (here and here). For me this is an indication that the testing period was too short.
Tim, as a programmer I know how much work it is to (re-) design the GUI and I think you guys put a lot of effort into this release but please consider to give us back the Flight Details tab. Thank You!

Regards,
Andreas‌‌‌

(edit: typo)

Edited 12/17/2017 11:11:16 AM by derWessi
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We will not be bringing the Flight Details tab back.

However, if we have made some actions needlessly hard to get to, we can certainly rectify‌‌ that, we just need to understand exactly which actions are being requested. Many of the people complaining about the lack of flight details tab are trying to see the flight time or distance, and simply haven't noticed those details are now permanently displayed at the top of the screen, for example. Setting the aircraft for a flight is something you do once (if at all) and therefore we don't think an additional touch to access it is a huge deal. So, is it setting the fuel? The weight and balance?
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)
For me, I liked the Flight Details tab. It provided essential functionality to get my work done. It's been replaced with the Warnings tab, which is pointless. Never gonna use it. You could have combined warnings somehow within Notams tab which are essentially warnings themselves. Pilots will always use Notams tab if they are sensible but likely ignore the Warnings tab because they include alerts about airspace etc (who cares, I planned the route so I should know which airspace is being used).

The issue seems to be within planning mode, where I need user friendly and consistent access to setting up my aircraft. I don't want to just have 1-click access to my fuel and W&B but still need to drill down many layers of menus to pick my aircraft. It should all be together. One without the other just wouldn't work. Additional touch is a huge deal.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Thank you for your insight into what pilots will do. However, we have some perspective on this ourselves. Please do not assume we make these changes lightly, or for no good reason.

‌‌How many times do you typically pick your aircraft for a route you're planning?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search