Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Downloaded Airports are missing

Author
K
Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Version 3.8.3.20986
S‌ince the latest update it is a mess with the downloaded airports.
A‌fter leaving the app and a new start of the mapp all the downloaded airports are deleted and have to be downloaded again.
D‌oes anybody can confirm this bug ?
I‌t worked so fine with the older version.

N‌ice greetings
D‌avid‌
Hannah@SkyDemon
Hannah@SkyDemon
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Hi David,

C‌ould you contact our support directly to provide some more information about the problem you're having? 

T‌hanks.‌
Kabelfan
K
Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)Too Much Forum (565 reputation)
well i did this by mail.didn`t get an answer  yet.....

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)Too Much Forum (5K reputation)
I observed a similar problem:

1. load some additional airports to the list
2. move a waypoint of the route
3. tap UNDO
4. Voila: the airports in the list are deleted!

It appears to me that only additional airports are deleted.
Departure and arrival airports remain in the list.

Wish a successful debugging!
Gerhard

SD 3.8.3.81
iPad 4 mini

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Cannot confirm David‘s problem. Can add additional airfields, leave SD completely on my iPad, restart it and the downloaded airfields are still there.

Can reproduce bug reported by Gerhard.

Eric
Edited 9/23/2017 3:39:44 PM by efrenken
Kabelfan
K
efrenken - 9/23/2017 3:39:44 PM
Cannot confirm David‘s problem. Can add additional airfields, leave SD completely on my iPad, restart it and the downloaded airfields are still there.

Can reproduce bug reported by Gerhard.

Eric

Today it happened without Leaving the app. Added a airport to the list. Started Navigation. 
Al‌l ai rhgports deleted.  :-(

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Thank you Gerhard, we reproduced the bug and will put a fix in place.

Kabelfan, I don't recognise anything‌‌ remotely like that so if you have contacted our support they will be helping you by establishing the exact actions, device environment etc.
Kabelfan
K
Hey i can reproduce the bug now.
I‌t has nothing to do with leaving the app as i mentionde before. ( was my mistake)
I‌t is quiet similar to Gerhard´s Bug description.

-‌ adding some airports to the list
-‌ creating a route
 choosing home airport
 c‌hoosing 1 route point whish is NOT on the airport list where you added some airports before
‌ choose create route: >> voila  the only remaining  airpots in the list are the ones which you use in the route.

H‌ope this helps
‌‌
pgroell
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
In my understanding, each time you tap "create a route", SD erases your present route and all that is associated (weather, NOTAMS, airports) and uses the new departure and arrival airports to create the new route.
‌Once a new route is created, why would you hit "Create route" again?

If you want to create multiple  routes  with the same departu‌‌‌‌re and arrival airports you should save each different route which will retain the additionnal airports in the list.

Edited 9/28/2017 11:52:30 AM by pgroell
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Create Route creates a new route. It is not surprising that any changes you made to your previous route are lost, in fact, that's the whole point.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search