Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airspace C not shown in graphical Stack on PC 3.8.1

Author
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good Morning SD Team,

I'm just discovering the new fancy graphical airspace stack in the what's here window and I think I might have found a bug.
I‌ attached an image that shows the graphical stack in the vicinity of Berlin. As you can see the airspace C is not displayed in the vertical stack. On my android device it is shown properly from FL65-FL660.

Regards,
Andreas‌‌

‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The stack isn't tall enough in that screenshot, that's all. I can see it's only going up to around 5000 feet.

derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/19/2017 9:35:18 AM
The stack isn't tall enough in that screenshot, that's all. I can see it's only going up to around 5000 feet.

Yes, I see that it is not tall enough. The question is: why?
For me it seems that stack is limited by the number of text lines on the right in the window. If there is more text in the window e.g. due to NOTAMS etc, than the size of the window is bigger and thus the stack fits into it. Otherwise the window is too small to display the whole stack. See the attached images. If the mouse pointer is over an obstacle, the airspace C is drawn. Otherwise not.
‌.

Btw. I f‌‌ound another (minor) drawing issue this morning while printing a briefing pack. The TMZ airspace on the chart was not properly clipped at the page border and was extended to the previous page (see image below).

Regards,
‌Andreas‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Regarding your OP, the only alternative is to always make the What's Here tooltip high enough to show ALL airspace, e.g. enough pixels to go up to FL195. That isn't a good option - someone on here already complained it was too big.
derWessi
derWessi
Tim Dawson - 5/25/2017 1:35:50 AM
Regarding your OP, the only alternative is to always make the What's Here tooltip high enough to show ALL airspace, e.g. enough pixels to go up to FL195. That isn't a good option - someone on here already complained it was too big.

Well - what good for is a graph that only shows the correct airspace layers, if by chance I click my mouse at the correct spot?
 And if I click just a few millimetres away I miss the most relevant information.
I fear this can create a dangerous false feeling of security. People might tent to only see the fancy graph on the left and miss the Airspace list on the right side of the What' Here tooltip.

IMHO there are three possible solutions:
1. Don't show the graph at all, if it is too small to display all relevant airspaces
2. Somehow indicate that the actual graph is higher than the window and make the graph scrollable
3. Define a minimum tooltip window size and scale the graph so that it always fit into it
‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We will of course take note of your feedback.

In the meantime, if you want to see all airspace details, you can adjust your map layers settings so that more airspace is visible‌. That airspace will then be present in the What's Here menu. The stack is an extra on top of this; a graphical representation of items which will already be included in the screen if your map settings allow it.‌
stipe
s
Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)Too Much Forum (71 reputation)
Hi Tim, "What's here" tooltip is a neat new feature, unfortunately the right side with airspace and notam details is also clipped in case there are many airspaces like e.g. in  French charts. 
Perhaps it would be better to make it a scrollable popup window with opening on long click or right click, instead of mouse over tooltip.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
What a horrible mess. I am inclined to agree.
Pete
Pete
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 8/2/2017 9:55:43 AM
What a horrible mess. I am inclined to agree.

Nice idea, but the graphical display of vertical airspace really does not work IMHO. Coupled with the variety of font sizes and shading does not help clarity.
‌Perhaps an option to display ver 3.7 simple textual info could be reinstated please?

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I like the graphical display.

Eric
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search