Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airspace C not shown in graphical Stack on PC 3.8.1

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Pete, not a chance, sorry. What we have now is a huge step up from what we had before. Feel free to give me an example coordinate on the map and I'll do a graphical comparison between the old presentation and the new presentation.

publicom
p
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
Hello,
did You make progress with this problem? I think I have the latest Version, but Airspace C is stll missing.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Hi, what you're seeing is nothing to do with the issue in this thread, you've just got your map decluttering settings hiding airspace probably above 4000 feet. You can change it from the Mapping menu.
publicom
p
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/16/2022 9:47:48 AM
Hi, what you're seeing is nothing to do with the issue in this thread, you've just got your map decluttering settings hiding airspace probably above 4000 feet. You can change it from the Mapping menu.

Thank you, but it did not solve, as You can see at the picture attached.

Edited 5/16/2022 11:02:59 AM by publicom
pgroell
pgroell
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
I suspect this might have to do with the amount of textual information.
This is what you get over the Mannheim Airport, class C is shown and it's pretty much the same over each German airport as long as there is enough textual information.
Maybe the height of the window should at least macht the decluttering infos.

Edited 5/16/2022 1:06:48 PM by pgroell
publicom
p
pgroell - 5/16/2022 11:44:20 AM
I suspect this might have to do with the amount of textual information.
This is what you get over the Mannheim Airport, class C is shown and it's pretty much the same over each German airport as long as there is enough textual information.
Maybe the height of the window should at least macht the decluttering infos.

I think You are right. Is erratic, what Information You get. See the attached picture. Decluttering is set to 17.000 ft and in the alpine area Airspace C is liftes up to FL 130. And as You see – You see nothing.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Ah, you're referring to the country-wide class C. Just as on paper charts, we don't explicitly show country-wide airspace in our main map as it's not very useful to do so. However, the airspace data is still present in SkyDemon and you can see it in the virtual radar when you plan your flight.

As someone mentioned, you'll also see it in the airspace stack shown in What's Here but only if the window is high enough, which is dictated by the number of items for inspection on the right.

publicom
p
Tim Dawson - 5/17/2022 8:52:43 AM
Ah, you're referring to the country-wide class C. Just as on paper charts, we don't explicitly show country-wide airspace in our main map as it's not very useful to do so. However, the airspace data is still present in SkyDemon and you can see it in the virtual radar when you plan your flight.

As someone mentioned, you'll also see it in the airspace stack shown in What's Here but only if the window is high enough, which is dictated by the number of items for inspection on the right.

I absolutely agree, that it makes no sense to show country-wide airspace on the main map.
But in "What's Here" it should nor depend on the number of items if the stack is complete, or not.
The Stack is a great help, to get a fast impression about the airspace structure. Much faster then the textual information on the right. But this only works, if one can rely on it. Why not just scale the Stack, so it will complete fit even in small windows.

The country-wide class C starts at FL 100. But near the Alps its lifted up to FL 130. The border of those areas are not good to see in SD. So every Pilot crossing the Alps VFR will regularly check, if he/she can already climb. What I want to say with that, is that it's not enough to "know" that the FL-100-Ceiling exists. And that it would really be helpful if the Stack would show this in any case.

Not to mention foreign Pilots from other Countries. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy. Sometimes You cross three Countries in a few Minutes. All have different "Ceiling Airspaces". But "Whats Here" will only sometimes show them...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
But virtual radar - the actual flight instrument for seeing what airspace is around you - will always show them.

I understand you are advocating to always show all airspace in the stack in What's Here. Up to what level? I presume FL195, as that's the typical ceiling for VFR operations around Europe, and many countries have country-wide airspace starting above FL100. So now we have 19500 feet worth of airspace to show in a small stack. Are you really advocating we scale the stack such that all this airspace is always visible, which would make the details of the lower airspace impossible to discern?

publicom
p
Tim Dawson - 5/18/2022 10:16:16 AM
But virtual radar - the actual flight instrument for seeing what airspace is around you - will always show them.

I understand you are advocating to always show all airspace in the stack in What's Here. Up to what level? I presume FL195, as that's the typical ceiling for VFR operations around Europe, and many countries have country-wide airspace starting above FL100. So now we have 19500 feet worth of airspace to show in a small stack. Are you really advocating we scale the stack such that all this airspace is always visible, which would make the details of the lower airspace impossible to discern?

But this is exactly, what You already do. Please have a look at the Screenshot from Paris. It shows everything up to FL 195. And I don't even know why, as decluttering is set to 17.000 ft.
And this is, what I thought the decluttering function was for: The user can decide, how much information is relevant.
So, why are all Airspaces shown up to FL195 – but one Airspace is excluded, only because its nationwide? And this Airspace has not even everywhere the same base.
BTW: Where is decluttering in the iOS App?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search