Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
Y
Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)Too Much Forum (196 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
rikur - 3/18/2017 8:52:32 PM
YevgenyS - 3/18/2017 7:40:40 AM
Hello rikur,
I‌'ve installed the new version for the macOS Sierra, yet, when i run it, the app completely freezes. The app opens, i see the ui but nothing works.
I've already experienced the same problem with the previous version and that's why I decided to update. I can't figure out if it's a problem specific to my mac or not.

‌Yevgeny

Some other users have experienced a similar problem with Sierra, and have successfully worked around it by building their own wrapper. 
I‌f you feel able to try building a wrapper yourself - full instructions are here: http://labs.f17.co.uk/page/skydemon-wineskin-instructions/

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to build it myself based on the instructions you've linked, hope it will work.

nestor
n
Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)
Hello,
‌Thanks for your great initiative.
I run OS-X Sierra 10.12.4 on a new MacBook Pro
‌When launching SD, it doesn't fill the window (it appears smaller than the window and doesn't re-size).
‌Is there a way to make it fill the window and maximise to cover the entire display ?
‌Thanks.

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
nestor - 4/10/2017 8:49:14 AM
Hello,
‌Thanks for your great initiative.
I run OS-X Sierra 10.12.4 on a new MacBook Pro
‌When launching SD, it doesn't fill the window (it appears smaller than the window and doesn't re-size).
‌Is there a way to make it fill the window and maximise to cover the entire display ?
‌Thanks.

I've seen this behaviour before - albeit never managed to get conclusively to the cause.
In my case manually resizing the window (i.e. pressing the green maximise button and dragging the bottom right of the window) seemed to resolve the issue - I needed to drag it to be smaller than the shown area, and then drag it larger)

timvirdee
timvirdee
Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)
I've downloaded the Mac 2017 version but get no landing page/screen on my Mac.
I‌ can see the headings "SkyDemon for Mac 2016, Edit, Window and Help" but nothing else
I‌'ve tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck
Ideas?
timvirdee
timvirdee
Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)Too Much Forum (345 reputation)
I‌ can see the headings "SkyDemon for Mac 2016, Edit, Window and Help" but nothing else
Ideas?
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
timvirdee - 4/29/2017 1:35:43 PM
Ideas?

A pop-up should appear prompting you to login - sometimes this can get hidden behind other windows.
‌My first suggestion would be to go to the 'Window' menu and select 'Bring all to the front'
F‌ailing that restart the Mac, and with no other programmes running try launching Skydemon.
W‌hich version of OSX / macOS are you running?

Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Hi,
Before if‌ it happend that the window was not visible, I simply closed SkyDemon for Mac, and restarted it again.
Then it came  up normaly and I could use the program.
I also had this with the current and last version until 2 days ago, now I cannot see any SkyDemon window.

I start up Sky‌Demon for Mac, I receive the prompt to agree to the licence, after I agree, that window disapears and nothing happens ...
Whatever I do,  I cannot ‌bring up the active window to be visible.
If I do a Window Minimize‌ from the menu, I see an animation in a split second of an open SkyDemon window disapearing into the task bar.
I just ‌can not bring it back.
I even got a prompt to ‌update my charts ... so I know SkyDemon is running, but I cannot see it.
Before sometimes selecting a Window SkyDemon Plan from the menu bar also helped.
Now it is just invisibly running in the back ...

My  iMac‌‌ is still running on Yosemite 10.10.5

BR

Francis‌‌‌‌

rikur
rikur
on5ap - 5/1/2017 10:26:57 AM
Hi,
Before if‌ it happend that the window was not visible, I simply closed SkyDemon for Mac, and restarted it again.
I also had this with the current and last version until 2 days ago, now I cannot see any SkyDemon window.

I start up Sky‌Demon for Mac, I receive the prompt to agree to the licence, after I agree, that window disapears and nothing happens ...
If I do a Window Minimize‌ from the menu, I see an animation in a split second of an open SkyDemon window disapearing into the task bar.
I even got a prompt to ‌update my charts ... so I know SkyDemon is running, but I cannot see it.
Before sometimes selecting a Window SkyDemon Plan from the menu bar also helped.

BR

Francis‌‌‌‌

For Yosemite it might be worth trying an older version of the wrapper known to be stable on Yosemite:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7hwsbz0i1nfndn/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.6.1.13.zip?dl=0 
(‌after installation it will prompt you to upgrade to the latest version of Skydemon)

IvanS
I
Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)Too Much Forum (75 reputation)
This works like a charm on my mac! Great and way better than the previous working webversion.

Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
on5ap - 5/1/2017 10:26:57 AM
Hi,

BR

Francis‌‌‌‌

I've got it working again, but I don't know I did it.  Just gave it another try and there it was ... ;-))
In the mean time, I had a try using Parallels and installed the PC version.  That works perfect !
Even the pop-up feature on the map works ;-))‌
gr‌tz
Francis‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search