Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Richard,
‌I confirm that the application is stored in the "Application" folder.
Anyway, I will be happy to try to recreate the package. So if you can provide me some guidance, please send it to my email address: cessnaoui@gmail.com
Thank you in advance.
Olivier

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.3K reputation)
I finally made a Sierra working version of Skydemon for Mac.
‌‌

Download this, uncompress it, then copy it to your Applications folder.
If you've already got an earlier version installed, first drag it from Applications folder to the Trash - you shouldn't lose any settings when doing this, as these are stored separately in your Documents folder.

Important: The first time you run it, you will need to locate it in the Applications folder from Finder and press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu (this is because it is 'untrusted' - see: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18657?locale=en_US ). You may also have to click “Allow” to a pop-up about accepting inbound connections.

I have not tested this version on other versions of OS X than Sierra. Do not hesitate to give feedback and report issues in this thread.

A special thanks to Rikur for his support & guidance.

mjepson
m
Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)Too Much Forum (465 reputation)
I am using it on Sierra right now, but I can't get the mouse-over to show me "What's here".
B‌e warned though, I am a completely new Skydemon user (I just got my PPL), so maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I am trying to find out what the information is on the various airspaces over a certain point, according to the video I should use the "What's here" option, which is activated either by a long-press on Android and IOS, or a mouse-over on Windows. I have also tried clicking either mouse button or holding them, but that doesn't seem to work either.
Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
mjepson - 12/29/2016 7:21:02 PM
I am using it on Sierra right now, but I can't get the mouse-over to show me "What's here".
B‌e warned though, I am a completely new Skydemon user (I just got my PPL), so maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I am trying to find out what the information is on the various airspaces over a certain point, according to the video I should use the "What's here" option, which is activated either by a long-press on Android and IOS, or a mouse-over on Windows. I have also tried clicking either mouse button or holding them, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Hello,
‌You are right, the "mouse-over" is not working in this version of Skydemon for Mac.
‌Maybe someone has an idea to help ?

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Cessnaoui - 12/30/2016 3:32:39 PM
mjepson - 12/29/2016 7:21:02 PM

Hello,
‌You are right, the "mouse-over" is not working in this version of Skydemon for Mac.
‌Maybe someone has an idea to help ?

I don't think it has ever worked in the Mac version unfortunately

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
I've put together an updated version, now tested on macOS Sierra:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ml28l9a9iv0dzt/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%203.7.1.zip?dl=0

This is something I’ve done for my own benefit and happy to share, but isn’t supported by SkyDemon.

Installation: Download the zip file from the above link, uncompress it, then copy it to your Applications folder.
(If you've already got an earlier version installed, first drag it from Applications folder to the Trash - you shouldn't lose any settings when doing this, as these are stored separately in your Documents folder).

Important first time use
: The first time you run it, you will need to locate it in the Applications folder from Finder and press the Control key, then click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu (this is because it is 'untrusted' - see: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18657?locale=en_US ).  You may also have to click “Allow” to a pop-up about accepting inbound connections.

Skydemon Updates:
The download includes version 3.7.1 of Skydemon. If a more recent version is available this will prompt you to upgrade in situ when you first run the application.

‌‌Known issues:

As with the previous versions for Mac, there are two known unresolved issues:
 - you must have a printer installed and configured before using Print Centre, otherwise Print Centre won't work;
 - the hover over feature on the maps doesn't work.

How does it work?: 
This uses a technology for wrapping Windows apps to run on macOS called Wineskin (currently v2.6.2, using engine WS9Wine1.9.2), and should run on Mac OS X 10.6 and above including El Capitan and macOS Sierra. It wraps SkyDemon (currently v3.7.1) for Windows.

‌‌
Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)

Hi rikur,
Downloaded and installed‌‌ your latest Wine wrap of SkyDemon on my Yosemite system and it is working fine !
‌Thank you so much for sharing SkyDemon in a glass of Wine ;-))
‌‌Since I don't have a PC, otherwise I would not be able to run SkyDemon :-((
My special interest goes to the printing possibilities, which I like far better than what is available through iPad.

‌By the way, how many are we wanting to use SkyDemon on OS ?

Grtz

Francis
‌‌‌‌
‌‌

macht_rebel
macht_rebel
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
We should raise a petition 😏
YevgenyS
Y
Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)Too Much Forum (200 reputation)
Hello rikur,
I‌'ve installed the new version for the macOS Sierra, yet, when i run it, the app completely freezes. The app opens, i see the ui but nothing works.
I've already experienced the same problem with the previous version and that's why I decided to update. I can't figure out if it's a problem specific to my mac or not.

‌Yevgeny
rikur
rikur
YevgenyS - 3/18/2017 7:40:40 AM
Hello rikur,
I‌'ve installed the new version for the macOS Sierra, yet, when i run it, the app completely freezes. The app opens, i see the ui but nothing works.
I've already experienced the same problem with the previous version and that's why I decided to update. I can't figure out if it's a problem specific to my mac or not.

‌Yevgeny

Some other users have experienced a similar problem with Sierra, and have successfully worked around it by building their own wrapper. 
I‌f you feel able to try building a wrapper yourself - full instructions are here: http://labs.f17.co.uk/page/skydemon-wineskin-instructions/

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search