Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon for Mac OS X (unofficially)

Author
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Cessnaoui - 10/16/2016 7:15:51 AM
Hello,
Since I upgraded my iMac to Sierra, Skydemon for Mac is not working anymore.
The application starts as usual but freeze once you try to open a flight.
Any help is welcome.

Hi,
I haven't done the Sierra upgrade myself yet - so can't yet give a reliable solution.
I have checked the Wineskin support forum (Wineskin is the wrapper used to run Skydemon on the Mac) - and (1) there is no new version to support Sierra yet - and (2) a few comments in their forum of problems with existing versions on Sierra.  
The only suggestion from users on the Wineskin forum is rebuilding with latest versions.....
So I have compiled a new wrapper using the latest versions available, and published it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oom2nnnzs4upgu/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%20Sierra%20test.zip?dl=0
I would be interested to know if this runs on Sierra.
Richard

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
rikur - 10/16/2016 9:56:20 AM
Hello,
Any help is welcome.

Hi,
I haven't done the Sierra upgrade myself yet - so can't yet give a reliable solution.
I have checked the Wineskin support forum (Wineskin is the wrapper used to run Skydemon on the Mac) - and (1) there is no new version to support Sierra yet - and (2) a few comments in their forum of problems with existing versions on Sierra.  
The only suggestion from users on the Wineskin forum is rebuilding with latest versions.....
So I have compiled a new wrapper using the latest versions available, and published it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oom2nnnzs4upgu/SkyDemon%20for%20Mac%20Sierra%20test.zip?dl=0
Richard

Hello,

Thank you for your help and providing this new version.
Unfortunately, the application starts as usual but freezes on displaying the map.
I think we will have to wait for a new version of Wineskin supporting Sierra.

Olivier

rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Cessnaoui - 10/17/2016 2:45:57 PM
Hello,
Any help is welcome.

Hi,
Richard

Hello,

Unfortunately, the application starts as usual but freezes on displaying the map.

Olivier

A couple of things that you could try (grasping at straws, but relatively quick to try....):
1) Right-click on the application in Finder, and select "Show package contents"
2) Run Wineskin that is shown within the contents
3) Select "Set Screen Options"
4) Select "Use Mac driver instead of X11" - then "Done" and "Quit"
5) Failing that - you could try disabling "Autodetect GPU" too

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
rikur - 10/17/2016 2:54:31 PM
Cessnaoui - 10/17/2016 2:45:57 PM
Hello,
Any help is welcome.

Hi,
Richard

Hello,

Olivier

A couple of things that you could try (grasping at straws, but relatively quick to try....):
1) Right-click on the application in Finder, and select "Show package contents"
2) Run Wineskin that is shown within the contents
3) Select "Set Screen Options"
4) Select "Use Mac driver instead of X11" - then "Done" and "Quit"
5) Failing that - you could try disabling "Autodetect GPU" too

Unfortunately, no success.
I tried both options.

paolo.orange
paolo.orange
Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)
Any new?
Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Unfortunately not.
‌Meanwhile I am running a PC version of Skydemon on an old XP virtualized via VirtualBox.

guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Hi, I am using the "mac version" of SD with Sierra and it works perfectly...

‌Guillermo

Cessnaoui
Cessnaoui
Strange ...
I am 100% certain it stopped working since I migrated to Sierra.

paolo.orange
paolo.orange
Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)Too Much Forum (417 reputation)
Same here. Il looks like it tries to download/updated charts and then it crashes.

rikur
rikur
H‌i 
a‌pologies I still haven't taken the plunge to Sierra, so can't try to resolve first hand.
o‌ne suggestion from others using the same porting technology is that from Sierra the application has to be located inside the 'Applications' folder - it can no longer reside elsewhere on your disk drive.  Apparently this is because of new security settings within Sierra.
P‌erhaps those having problems can advise if they have got the application inside their 'Applications' folder, and if not try moving it there and advising. 
F‌ailing that - if someone is feeling technical - I can send you details on how to do a clean install, as another suggestion is that builds built under previous versions cannot be run on Sierra, and have to be installed from scratch on Sierra.
R‌ichard 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search